+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts fans on

re: Notts fans on

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Obviously that's your view Romans and I respect that.

For me, a club is a public relations enterprise as well. It's image is as much a part of it's sale as it's.
    Having a player like Evans damages that and fans are not exactly forgiving. If you was a female supporter, would you be cheering for a convicted rapist?
    I did say I wasn't keen on a rapist. I won't cheer him that's for sure, if I was male/female or trans even.

But I'd look at the crime as well. Take Mr Tyson. Would I watch him and pay good money to watch him fight at his prime after his conviction? Yes.

Some rape involves date rape and taking advantage when both parties were drunk. I'm not condoning it, rape is a heinous crime, even on a wife (not even ex-wife). A woman deserves to be respected even a prostitute. But we not talking a serial predator.

I would tolerate such a player, I might not like him, but if

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    I disagree in most part with the view that footballers or sportsman must be role models in every aspect of their lives. What they do in private and unconnected to sports should in the ordinary course have no bearing with their job.

I agree with that.

One of the more common criticisms levelled at us when we employed Lee Hughes was "are you happy at your son / daughter worshipping a killer?" None of my three daughters are interested in football, but I would have been quite happy to see them doing 'The Hughesy', as they would be worshipping Lee Hughes the footballer rather than Lee Hughes the killer. It would have been my responsibility as a parent to make sure they knew the full facts and the rights and wrongs. Does anyone seriously think that any kid who has celebrated a Lee Hughes goal has thought "wow, I want to be like him and cause a fatal car crash one day"? Of course they haven't. We all use club colours to try and t

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    I disagree in most part with the view that footballers or sportsman must be role models in every aspect of their lives. What they do in private and unconnected to sports should in the ordinary course have no bearing with their job.

I agree with that.

One of the more common criticisms levelled at us when we employed Lee Hughes was "are you happy at your son / daughter worshipping a killer?" None of my three daughters are interested in football, but I would have been quite happy to see them doing 'The Hughesy', as they would be worshipping Lee Hughes the footballer rather than Lee Hughes the killer. It would have been my responsibility as a parent to make sure they knew the full facts and the rights and wrongs. Does anyone seriously think that any kid who has celebrated a Lee Hughes goal has thought "wow, I want to be like him and cause a fatal car crash one day"? Of course they

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    KOFF!!!! Back to the original post.

Meaning what? Meaning that Notts fans aren't allowed a viewpoint?

Meaning what? Meaning that Notts fans aren't allowed a viewpoint?[/quote]

Of course you're allowed a view point?
    However, to dismiss Evans after taking on Hughes doesn't exactly leave a lot of morality maneuvering does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

However, to dismiss Evans after taking on Hughes doesn't exactly leave a lot of morality maneuvering does it?[/quote]

I haven't dismissed Evans, in fact I haven't posted on that thread.

Don't judge all Notts fans on a selected few that suit your agenda.

However, to dismiss Evans after taking on Hughes doesn't exactly leave a lot of morality maneuvering does it?[/quote]

I haven't dismissed Evans, in fact I haven't posted on that thread.

Don't judge all Notts fans on a selected few that suit your agenda.[/quote]

I never said you had.
    As for my "agenda", I don't care if it was Albion ****ing Rovers. The same point remains. Those that commented on Evans on that thread have no right to dismiss him, when their club has done exactly the same thing.
    Scruples are down to the individual.

[quote="Trickytreesreds", I don't care if it was Albion ****ing Rovers. The same point remains. Those that commented on Evans on that thread have no right to dismiss him, when their club has done exactly the same thing.
    Scruples are down to the individual.[/quote]

I would say that their club has done a similar thing rather than exactly the same thing. As a basic principle though, I agree those who welcomed Hughes but wouldn't have Evans are being hypocritical. My view is that it's up to the law of the land, and that says once someone has served their sentence they are free to resume their chosen job. If you disagree it's the government you should be complaining to rather than a group of footy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by "Elite_Pie", I don't care if it was Albion ****ing Rovers. The same point remains. Those that commented on Evans on that thread have no right to dismiss him, when their club has done exactly the same thing.
    Scruples are down to the individual.[/quote

I would say that their club has done a similar thing rather than exactly the same thing. As a basic principle though, I agree those who welcomed Hughes but wouldn't have Evans are being hypocritical. My view is that it's up to the law of the land, and that says once someone has served their sentence they are free to resume their chosen job. If you disagree it's the government you should be complaining to rather than a group of footy fans.
    I'm not complaining to anyone. I have an opinion and have voiced it.
    Everyones morals and scruples are their own.
    If Notts fans in that thread cannot see the difference in their comme

Quote Originally Posted by "Trickytreesreds", I don't care if it was Albion ****ing Rovers. The same point remains. Those that commented on Evans on that thread have no right to dismiss him, when their club has done exactly the same thing.
    Scruples are down to the individual.[/quote

I'm not complaining to anyone. I have an opinion and have voiced it.
    Everyones morals and scruples are their own.
    If Notts fans in

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast