+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Notts fans on

re: Notts fans on

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    I'm glad we at NFFC don't have this dilemma. As I'm afraid my scruples would bar me from attending, whilst an individual like that was there.
    EACH TO THEIR OWN.

That's easy to say when it's only theoretical, but much harder to actually do. Obviously only you know what your course of action would be, but I remember a post on our board from an Oldham fan the day Lee Hughes signed for us. It said something along the lines "You'll get loads of fans saying they won't attend, and loads more saying they won't celebrate if he scores. After you hear the abuse opposing fans give him and he scores a few goals you'll love him. So will the vast majority of those who said they wouldn't."

He was spot on, that's exactly what happened. It happened at Oldham, Notts, Port Vale and now at Forest Green Rovers. I don't think it would have been different at any other club.[/quote]

Very true,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Then again, CE may be right. Look at poor Peter Barlow.

That deserves a few smilie faces.

On another thread, I have been invited to give my views on this case, sorry that this is so long (3 parts!), but there has been so much rubbish written about the case, that I feel I got to write a full explanation, so you will understand my views.

It is my belief that there has been a massive miscarriage of justice and Ched should not have been found guilty. You might say that this is because I am a Sheffield United supporter and will always defend our players, it is the case that I only followed this case in so much detail because he was a United player, anyone else I would have read the newspaper reports and accepted his guilt.

There was a basic lack of evidence, in most rape cases like this, it is usually down to the victim saying one thing and the accused say the opposite, and its down to the jury to decide who is telling the truth, but here the victim never accused either of them of rape! or that she was drunk. She claims that she can't remember anything of the incident, so

In the judges summing up, he asked the jury to consider 4 questions, for each man did she give consent and was she in a state that she could give consent. he then stated that just because she can't remember giving consent, that doesn't mean that she didn't, and because she can't remember the events it doesn't prove she was too drunk to give consent.

Given the above statement from the judge, it is hard to understand how the jury reached it decision, especially the split decision since the important evidence is the same for both. The prosecution offered no evidence that she didn't consent to either man, when the victim was asked the question she replied “I do not remember”. It is presumed it is on the question of being too drunk to consent, that Ched was found guilty, but since she didn't have any drinks from the time of her leaving the nightclub, which was before they met, and therefore her level of drunkenness would have remained pretty constant, did the jury really believe that her

With the ill informed campaign against him (I am tired of seeing the words “I know nothing about this case, but I think”), the person who started the petition seemed to have confused Sheffield United with Manchester United, she talks about how millions will see him playing on Match of the Day every week. The vast majority of those that has signed it are not Sheffield United supporters or even football supporters and before this petition never heard of Ched Evens. I suspect the damage to the club has already been done, even if we don't sign him, Sheffield United will always be “the club who signed that rapist”. This has caused a bit of a bunker mentality and people who were against signing him are now in favour because they don't like outsiders tell us who we can sign.

I find it very strange that the campaign is centred on Sheffield United, rather than any club, the rape charities have actually stated they would not object to him playing for any other club apart from United! It is a

I'm glad we at NFFC don't have this dilemma. As I'm afraid my scruples would bar me from attending, whilst an individual like that was there.
    EACH TO THEIR OWN.

That's easy to say when it's only theoretical, but much harder to actually do. Obviously only you know what your course of action would be, but I remember a post on our board from an Oldham fan the day Lee Hughes signed for us. It said something along the lines "You'll get loads of fans saying they won't attend, and loads more saying they won't celebrate if he scores. After you hear the abuse opposing fans give him and he scores a few goals you'll love him. So will the vast majority of those who said they wouldn't."

He was spot on, that's exactly what happened. It happened at Oldham, Notts, Port Vale and now at Forest Green Rovers. I don't think it would have

I thoroughly enjoyed your analysis Mr Blade and defer to it.

Would I mind if he was good and signed for us? Certainly not.

If I remember correctly RVP was similarly accused of rape while playing for Feyernoord as a ****ager. I admire him then and knew he would be a star. I forget what happened to the allegation, it must have failed I suppose since he's such a star now.

But I hate him today, not for that but because he plays for Man Utd. Heck even if the Pope plays for Man Utd, I'd probably hate him even though I'm a Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    I thoroughly enjoyed your analysis Mr Blade and defer to it.

Would I mind if he was good and signed for us? Certainly not.

If I remember correctly RVP was similarly accused of rape while playing for Feyernoord as a ****ager. I admire him then and knew he would be a star. I forget what happened to the allegation, it must have failed I suppose since he's such a star now.

But I hate him today, not for that but because he plays for Man Utd. Heck even if the Pope plays for Man Utd, I'd probably hate him even though I'm a Catholic.
    A lot of people would just read the papers or twitter to come to a conclusion about the case.i have read into it from evans side and from the court transcript which shows how the case played out.as iv said there is too much doubt to return a guilty verdict.in fact her actual friends said she wasn't that drunk,I'm sure they would no better than the jury how drunk she was.
    You can't consider her previous cl

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!

What are we doing about Peter Barlow?

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!

What are we doing about Peter Barlow?
    I can't believe the incident was shown on TV and still they send him down.what were the jury thinking!
    jUSTICE FOR BARLOW!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast