+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: any news on colly

any news on colly

any news on colclough

seems a long time out

or are we waiting till his court appearance first

re: any news on colly

His court case is currently happening - check on the Stoke Sentinel website to find out how it's going.

Sounds like Ryan could be in trouble, time will tell.

Couldn't help notice the article about the football kit flasher in Biddulph! Black shorts, white socks, top deliberately not mentioned...hmmmmmm doesn't take a genius!!!!

Imagine being a juror on this case, and having to sit there for days on end while a pack of lies was being told by one side or the other: but which side? Is the 'racism' card that's being played genuine or a red herring?

The only reason you think of for this fairly minor incident taking so long to decide is so that the jury can pick up on the unconvincing body language of plaintiff or defendant and take a stab at deciding it on that basis.

I'd hate to have been empanelled. Roll on the verdict.

Been found not guilty on all charges against him.

That is really great news.
    After a few glasses of tonic to celebrate I doubt he'll be fit enough for Walsall :-D even if he was fit enough physically.

Let's get him back on the wing. He's had a rough time of it in many ways. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by AlexonTour
    Been found not guilty on all charges against him.
    great news - and based on the limited information available in the reports on the evidence in the case, I believe that to be the correct verdict.

That is excellent news; now when will he be fit?!!

On a related note, there does seem to be open season on footballers to try and catch them out and our club has had 2 such instances in 2 seasons, as the police and now jury have decided. Some people will say no smoke without fire, but they are innocent until proven otherwise. You just wish they would be a little more careful and not put themselves in situations where they can be accused.

Lessons learned by young fellas I hope.

Glad that he can now concentrate on getting fit and playing football... we need him!

I do agree with Aston Alex in that there is a lesson here for all young footballers. If you're on a night out, keep yourself to yourself and don't put yourself in a situation that might come back to haunt you.

As a professional footballer your out there to be shot at and young players have to learn from there experiences, he has had a close shave and this could have gone against him, but he was cleared and rightly so from what I have heard. It is now time for him to think about football again and put the last 12 months behind him. Lets hope that now this is dealt with he can get back to playing football, we certainly need him and he will be a great addition to the squad. Lets hope he hits the headlines for his footballing exploits from now on.