+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queens 3 Falkirk 0

re: Queens 3 Falkirk 0

I tried twice to post a rather lengthy response to the comments by JRSLEFTPEG and others but on each occasion that I have pressed the Post Message button my post has vanished so I shall now try a fairly brief response.

There is no way that I could agree with his comments that these past twelve years have been CONSISTENTLY the best in our history. I doubt if anyone who is old enough would deny that the years immediate following WWII were the best in our history when we had players capable of winning international honours. We do not have a single player today who approaches the calibre of Roy Henderson or Bobby Black or Jim Patterson or Billy Houliston to but a few. Nor should it be construed for a single moment that in making that claim I am one of these grumpy old men who live in the past.
    Finally, I have said in previous posts that if we praise mediocrity then we cannot be surprised if we are served up mediocrity. I make that as a general statement that is not directed at any p

[quote="Cresswell"]I tried twice to post a rather lengthy response to the comments by JRSLEFTPEG and others but on eajus occasion that I have pressed the Post Message button my post has vanished so I shall now try a fairly brief response.

There is no way that I could agree with his comments that these past twelve years have been CONSISTENTLY the best in our history. I doubt if anyone who is old enough would deny that the years immediate following WWII were the best in our history when we had players capable of winning international honours. We do not have a single player today who approaches the calibre of Roy Henderson or Bobby Black or Jim Patterson or Billy Houliston to but a few. Nor should it be construed for a single moment that in making that claim I am one of these grumpy old men who live in the past.
    Finally, I have said in previous posts that if we praise mediocrity then we cannot be surprised if we are served up mediocrity. I make that as a

Gg[quote="Cresswell"]I tried twice to post a rather lengthy response to the comments by JRSLEFTPEG and others but on each occasion that I have pressed the Post Message button my post has vanished so I shall now try a fairly brief response.

Finally, I have said in previous posts that if we praise mediocrity then we cannot be surprised if we are served up mediocrity. I make that as

It depends how you measure success.
    I consider Queens' sojourn in Scotland's top division,
    from 1933 to 1959, playing Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen
    every season, apart from 50/51, as more praiseworthy than what has been achieved in the last dozen years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)