+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Duggy

Duggy

Duggy brilliant lad made up for him.

re: Duggy

About time Crewe started scoring from corners instead off letting them in. The first time in 20 years we have had a tall Team and should be making more now from set free kicks and corners so get up there in the Box its the chance we have to make an impact on the game.At Last!

Credit also to George Ray - he does win most of those back post headers.

Great desire from Duggy to get onto George Ray's knock down. I agree that it's about time that we were a real threat from set pieces. With players who can delver quality balls into the box, we also have the height to cause problems.

Hit the nail on the head there, Crewe99 - our corners and free kicks have been generally dire since Murphy left. Our starting 11 for the past couple of matches hasn't been that tall, with only the 3 centre halves really counting as tall, I would say. Last season, for example, we started a few games with 2 CHs, Guthrie, Chuks, Uche and Pogs in the side . . . and this season we have had Ray, Duggie, Guthrie, Marcus and Vadaine . . but as for delivery, nothing.

Looks as though in Cooper we have a player who can hit a dead ball in the manner of Murphy, Lunt or even Westy, and with his left foot no less. Now we need a right footer who can deliver a corner and, sorry, I mean more accurately than the ever willing Toots.

Should have added, also delighted for Duggy - not the best centre half at the club, but the gutsiest by some distance.