+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Haynes

Danny Haynes

Joined on loan from Notts County for a month.

re: Danny Haynes

Well, he scored against us before falling out of favour at County. Let's see about turning the tables.
    He's been around a bit ... and we know what happened the last time we got a player from Hibernian, don't we? :-D

good record in front of goal

and maybe the missing link

faster than johnny haynes anyway

although johnny is faster than the stoke loanee we should of sent him back

Bearing in mind that Haber started like greased lightning (by his statistical standards), but will now probably subside to his normal goal-scoring frequency (i.e., don't expect another one before Xmas), or indeed go into a mega-huff over what Steve said about him representing Canada, this is not an unreasonable punt on Steve's part. Remember Pearson, from Chesterfield?

Fingers crossed that he could turn out to be another Lauri Della Valle.

So who is he going to deny playing time? Billy Waters? George Cooper? Vadaine Oliver? Marcus Haber? even young Saunders?

Not needed IMO, doesn't look like from his stats that he's any better than what we've got. Fine if he is going to sit on a bench, but I'm sure Notts County or Danny himself will not be very happy with that.

Another strange managerial decision

Not really. If we're playing a 3-4-1-2, as we did against Posh, then the person getting phased out will likely be Olivier. Saunders is rarely getting into games anyways but he might have more of a role when Brandy's loan expires.

Truthfully, I was more disappointed when we loaned for Ness, rather than using James Jones.

I'm not sure Oliver's fit is he? Not on the bench last time nor involved in U21s today.

And Haber will probably be off to play for Canada again in about three weeks so it makes sense to me.

Notts fan here. Form your team around him and he`ll perform, otherwise he`s a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanAlex
    Not really. If we're playing a 3-4-1-2, as we did against Posh, then the person getting phased out will likely be Olivier. Saunders is rarely getting into games anyways but he might have more of a role when Brandy's loan expires.

Truthfully, I was more disappointed when we loaned for Ness, rather than using James Jones.
    Some of this I agree with AA. However, I'm not sure if Saunders or James Jones are ready yet (I might have a comment on that after tomorrow's U21s in Nottingham).
    It's a conundrum. There is a massive gap between U21 and Div 1. Cooper straddled it well, but looked out of place yesterday. Ness was OKish when he came on, but generally I feel he is not the best loan, whereas Jason Leigh has begun to improve.
    Generally I always want the Academy lads to have a go and get their chance, but there must be a balance.

Ness looked a good passer of the ball yesterday. Would like to see a bit more of him before I make too much of a judgement. I was a little surprised that we didn't start with Haynes yesterday. He looked fairly busy when he came on but by then we were chasing the game really so difficult to judge whether he will be good for us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast