+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darren Ferguson

re: Darren Ferguson

My reaction is that they cannot have overturned it on the basis of what I've seen online and on TV because the pictures are inconclusive, flimsy and one dimensional.

It's OK overturning these decisions at EPL level where there are 40 different state of the art TV cameras and multiple angles to review every incident - I think the authorities are on thin ice if they're overturning decisions on the basis of the quality of video coverage at most lower league matches - it's possible they have access to video coverage not in the public domain I suppose.

The man with absolutely the best view was the referee on the night.

Anyway, does n't really affect us so we move on...

Thought it was soft, but it was a foul. Crucially I don't think Duggy had the ball under control, so it's a very grey area as to whether it was goalscoring opportunity.

Pity Ferguson didn't notice that the ref booked a lot of Crewe players for challenges that Posh players got away with. One of their players was spoken to by the ref on 5 occasions yet still managed to stay on the pitch (I don't think he was even booked).
    Foul in the penalty area by defender = penalty
    I didn't agree with the 'dominance' statement either. On a few occassions they broke quickly from the middle of the pitch to the edge off our box but that was as much of a problem they caused. Ben didn't have to make as many real saves as their keeper did and we weren't pinned back in our own box defending for our lives so I'd hardly say they dominated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12