+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hindhead tunnel...

The Hindhead tunnel...

will be shut (yet again) for the next 5 Saturdays between 9 p.m and Sunday 9 a.m Sunday. Means I will be taking a Surrey tour Saturday evening returning from seeing Marty Wilde at G Live. A serious question though does anyone know of another tunnel which has been shut so many times, 45 times I believe, after being built ?

re: The Hindhead tunnel...

Still well worth it if you are going to see Marty Wild and the wildcats.. who else is on the bill? Joe Brown, Eden Kane, John Leyton?
    Marty is still good value for money, some great songs.

Well certainly no Alvin Stardust

John Leyton and Eden Kane are yes Kitey. He doesn't tour with Joe Brown now sadly. Stopped when Joe's son started touring with his Dad, whether that is by accident I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    will be shut (yet again) for the next 5 Saturdays between 9 p.m and Sunday 9 a.m Sunday. A serious question though does anyone know of another tunnel which has been shut so many times, 45 times I believe, after being built ?
    Sounds a bit like my ex wife

I've heard of tunnels that open once and then close for good!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    The one out of Colditz ?

The old road worked? for many years but was a bottleneck. What I don't understand is why the old road was not kept as a backup in case the tunnel needed closing. Instead the old road was ripped up and returned to nature. Now if the tunnel closes traffic is sent off on a wild detour. Absolute madness, so which bright spark decided to do away with the old road?

Don't remind me LDB

Yes its a pain. Something to do with technical problems but why they can't just shut half as they have done previously ?

Twice now after evening games we have been obliged to get home via a detour by way of Bordon/Farnham then the Hogs Back.

Have had kind offers form friends living in Pompey to stay over if we want but sometimes for other reasons need to get home and also don't like to impose to often.

For the Stevenage game we came on the Train (option we use sometimes ) but weekdays the last back to Woking is 22.28 as the last of all stops at Guildford .

Might drive to Guildford as we do like to stop after the game for a drink.

Also there some engineering works planned. during late October/November so what other disruptions are in store.?

KR

BC

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    You had one of those wives also Chis did you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)