+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hindhead tunnel...

re: The Hindhead tunnel...

Quote Originally Posted by bluechimes
    I much prefer a bit of Rough Scully

As it happens may be staying over the night after the Carlisle game
    Gosh

Quote Originally Posted by bluechimes
    That's something I would have to enquire into LDB but I would imagine they would be depending on what other commitments bookings they have etc

The Band is organised by Mark Trapani one of the 3 PST BM's who led the bid to buy the Club and is currently one of the Directors of PFC.

Its a 7 piece (plus any brass if around) and they play an ecletic mix of Rock/Blues/Soul

I only turn up to play when required and if I can make it as I prefer to be freelance.

LMK what you have in mind?
    Thought they might do a Charity Gig staged by the Truss plus families/friends. I'd willingly put Corky and Lassie up in my glorified tin shed

Very kind but with the line up you'd put together Lovester I think I will give that one a miss. I'm still recovering from the Swinging Blue Jeans. My last concert was Kings of Leon at the Ricoh. That's more where I'm at nowadays.

Although the idea of spending the night in the shed with Lassie on windswept Hayling does have a certain allure. Sort of bucket list ticker if you know what I mean. Could be fun.

Lassie has been known to spend his Saturdays in unusual ways.

Having spent every Sat and Sun since May back and to to Fratton renovating my rental place there (its now finished and available, did I mention that?), I've become an expert at the tunnel and its closures. Firstly, the tunnel only saves 3 minutes on the journey time, but improves the reliability of the journey time, provided the poxy thing is open. Secondly, if you're heading south at 9am, it is closed from Milford, so they reopen it at Milford at 9am. Thirdly, if it is closed heading northbound, you can come off at Hindhead, and do a wiggle through the lanes round Grayshot/ Thursley to get round it, which is quicker than the Bordon/ Hogs Back route. OR down to Haslemere from Hindhead, then turn left to Godalming. OR if you have a 4wd, I think there's a 4wd track from near Hindhead that pops out the other side of the tunnel (I've got one, but haven't bothered to test that theory out yet). OR you can rent a house in Fratton, a 5 min walk from the ground and not worry about the tunnel at

Thanks Tim, for anyone travelling the tunnel is due to be closed each Saturday upto 22nd Nov both North and Southbound for 12 hours 9 p.m to 9 a.m Sunday. Happy that my trip back was a one off due to the 60s concert at G Live.

I spent 3 years commuting from Chichester to Guildford. I reckon I knew virtually every lane round Haslemere/Hindhead/Milford trying to avoid the various jams that would invariably appear. Had the tunnel been in existence then it would no doubt have just added a further complication to the daily battle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)