+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Celebrity R.I.P.'s #4

re: O/T Celebrity R.I.P.'s #4

Jeremy Thorpe the former Liberal leader.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961
    All that bum chumminess with Norman Scott is the one thing I remember him for...not least for the cruel but cracking line

"Scott of the Ar seAntics"

Greaves...no need to reply

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneywolf
    All that bum chumminess with Norman Scott is the one thing I remember him for...not least for the cruel but cracking line

"Scott of the Ar seAntics"

Greaves...no need to reply [/quote]

I know we should respect the departed and all that, but he'd had a long and privileged life, and this sketch is so bloody funny!!! - view external link

Ken Weatherwax, the actor who played Pugsley in ‘The Addams Family’, has died at the age of 59.

Weatherwax’s niece Shanyn Vieira confirmed the news on her Facebook page yesterday.

Born Kenneth Patrick Weatherwax in 1955 in Los Angeles, he played the part of portly Pugsley, son to Morticia and Gomez and brother to Wednesday, on the original run of the ABC show, from 1964 to 1966.

Last week or so... and says alot about our society that a violent nasty gangster can become a bit of a celeb ..

The criminal and former associate of the Kray twins, "Mad" Frankie Fraser, has died aged 90 in a London hospital.

He was known as an "enforcer", meting out violence on behalf of the Krays and the Richardson gang in the 1960s.

By the time he left prison for the final time in 1989, Fraser had served a total of 42 years for a range of offences.

More recently he established himself as a TV personality and published an autobiography.

Fraser's methods of torturing the gang's victims earned him the nicknames "Mad Frankie" and "The Dentist" - he was reputed to pull out people's teeth with pliers.

At the Richardson gang "torture" trial at the Old Bailey in 1967 he was jailed for 10 years. Two years later a further five years was added for leading a riot at Parkhust Prison.

In 1975 he assaulted three prison officers, one of whom he

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Ken Weatherwax, the actor who played Pugsley in ‘The Addams Family’, has died at the age of 59.

Weatherwax’s niece Shanyn Vieira confirmed the news on her Facebook page yesterday.

Born Kenneth Patrick Weatherwax in 1955 in Los Angeles, he played the part of portly Pugsley, son to Morticia and Gomez and brother to Wednesday, on the original run of the ABC show, from 1964 to 1966.
    This news had a certain poignant resonance for me personally...

As a kid in the 1960s I would tease my cousin Hughie for his resemblance to Pugsley from the popular TV show of the time...

Check out this picture of Pugsley (left) and Hughie (right) and you'll see what I mean...

Hughie and I are just a few years younger than Ken Weatherwax; brings the shudder of mortality a bit too close for comfort

H is sporting a "Robin" cape in the photo - Batmanmania swept through my generation back in the day

(Spo

Quote Originally Posted by tony

This news had a certain poignant resonance for me personally...

As a kid in the 1960s I would tease my cousin Hughie for his resemblance to Pugsley from the popular TV show of the time...

Check out this picture of Pugsley (left) and Hughie (right) and you'll see what I mean...

Hughie and I are just a few years younger than Ken Weatherwax; brings the shudder of mortality a bit too close for comfort

H is sporting a "Robin" cape in the photo - Batmanmania swept t

Mandy Rice-Davies, has died aged 70.
    Along with Christine Keeler, she was instrumental in rocking the very foundations of 'the establishment' in the sixties due to her part in The Profumo Affair'.

She was responsible for one of the best-known quotations of modern times: “He would, wouldn’t he?”, which came when she was asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having *** with her.

RIP Mandy.

- view external link

Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70.

R.I.P.pal..

Quote Originally Posted by unclesteve
    Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70.

R.I.P.pal..
    Holy crap! Mind you I'm surprised he lasted this long.

R.I.P.Joe

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)