+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Celebrity R.I.P.'s #4

re: O/T Celebrity R.I.P.'s #4

Sad sad news.rest easy joe

Jeremy Lloyd, co-creator of BBC comedies 'Allo 'Allo! and Are You Being Served?, has died aged 84.

Lloyd died in hospital after being admitted for pneumonia, his agent said.

He worked with fellow comedy writer David Croft on the popular comedy series set in a department store, which ran from 1972-85.

His agent Alexandra Cann said: "Jeremy was a great wit and always a mass of original ideas.

"He had a wonderfully original mind and will be greatly missed."

Actress Vicki Michelle, who starred in 'Allo 'Allo! as sultry French waitress Yvette Carte-Blanche, said via Twitter that Lloyd was "such a wonderful talent, mentor and friend. A complete joy to work with."

Lloyd was married three times, including to the actress Joanna Lumley for a short period in 1970.

Lumley wrote about their brief union: "He was witty, tall and charming - we should have just had a raging affair."

Six months ago he married his third wife, Lizzy Moberly, who Lloy

Coventry-born actress Billie Whitelaw passed away last weekend at the age of 82.

She won two BAFTA awards and was made a CBE in 2001. Her successful stage and screen career spanned more than 60 years, with the part of Mrs Baylock - the sinister and demonic governess in "The Omen" (1976) - being perhaps her most memorable role. Her final film was the comedy "Hot Fuzz" in 2007.

Billie Whitelaw
    1932 - 2014
    R.I.P.

Sad losses - RIP Joe Cocker, Jeremy Lloyd and Billie Whitelaw.

Detroit Red Wings and ice hockey legend Gordie Howe has passed away. His health has been declining for years and recently suffered a stroke. He played 25 seasons for the Red Wings and and 33 seasons of professional hockey in all. He is notorious for playing a professional game in 6 different decades. His first season was 1945 and his last was 1980, but he played in one game in 1997, at the age of 59, for the Detroit Vipers. He scored 801 NHL goals in his career, which is second all time IIRC, behind only Wayne Gretzky. He was also 9th on the all time assists board. He helped the Red Wings lift four Stanley Cups during his career. Some know him from his "Gordie Howe Hat Trick". This is not three goals in a single game, but rather a goal, an assist and a fight within the same game. He was renowned for his physical play and skill, assisted by his 6', 200lb frame (which in his era, was probably monstrous).

RIP Mr. Hockey
    Name:  Howe.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  19.1 KB

RIP Caroline Aherne

RIP Caroline Aherne, passed away yesterday, aged 52. A really talented lady, a comedy writer and actress. My favourite memories of her have to be her role as Denise in the Royle family and also The Mrs Merton show, she was never shy to ask questions in her role as Mrs. Merton.

I agree with all you say '71. I also loved her in The Fast Show, particularly her 'scorchio' weather reports.

RIP Caroline Aherne.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

RIP Caroline Aherne

RIP Caroline Aherne, passed away yesterday, aged 52. A really talented lady, a comedy writer and actress. My favourite memories of her have to be her role as Denise in the Royle family and also The Mrs Merton show, she was never shy to ask questions in her role as Mrs. Merton.

Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash what a writing team! You had your problems girl, rest easy now!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

RIP Caroline Aherne

Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash what a writing team! You had your problems girl, rest easy now!

Quote Originally Posted by evewolf65 View Post
    caroline aherne and craig cash what a writing team! You had your problems girl, rest easy now!
    rip
    Last edited by Evewolf65; 03-07-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)