+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions

re: 2 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    I just have just one short comment to add..

Davis, you are an idiot for changing a winning team..You have done that before and ended up losing the next match.
    If he wanted to play 4 at the back, he should have put an extra man in midfield. We were overrun at times. Thought we looked stronger when Ness came on, though ironically, we conceded shortly after. Playing the formation we did meant we couldn't press the ball like we have been the past few games, as we lost that extra man (as Tate has been often pushing forward to provide that).

Good to see a spirited end to the game though, even though we were down to 10. Fitness levels improving maybe?

I wonder if its because he doesn't want Tate to get too comfortable and thereby preventing you know who from coming back. Its almost a golden rule in football and will say it again..

You do NOT change a winning team unless forced by injury.

Don't think it's a coincidence that Ray imploded without Tate next to him (though he did play quite well until his ten minutes of madness).

I hope SD is going to Fine Ray for his actions at the Ref and not use the feeble excuses he came out with after the game.Mind you he will not be missed.

I am not George Ray's biggest fan. In fact I think he is an arrogant lad who needs to learn to control himself. However, I did think he played very well today as he did in the previous 2 home games. Harry Davis will slot in assuming he is fit, and although that will displease some people on this board as they feel he is favoured because he is the manager's son, I think he will further improve our defence. We have missed him and I suspect if he were not the manager's son, he would be captain! In answer to the criticism of SD and his decision to change a winning team, it is right to pick teams according to the opposition we are up against. In my view, he should have selected Tate and left Duggie out if he wanted to go with a back 4. Ness looked better today than I have seen him previously. Someone suggested he couldn't be bothered to track back, but actually he did chase back when one of their players was running towards our goal, but unfortunately he hasn't the pace to do it so maybe we

[quote="Timmy58"]I am not George Ray's biggest fan. In fact I think he is an arrogant lad who needs to learn to control himself. However, I did think he played very well today as he did in the previous 2 home games. Harry Davis will slot in assuming he is fit, and although that will displease some people on this board as they feel he is favoured because he is the manager's son, I think he will further improve our defence. We have missed him and I suspect if he were not the manager's son, he would be captain! In answer to the criticism of SD and his decision to change a winning team, it is right to pick teams according to the opposition we are up against. In my view, he should have selected Tate and left Duggie out if he wanted to go with a back 4. Ness looked better today than I have seen him previously. Someone suggested he couldn't be bothered to track back, but actually he did chase back when one of their players was running towards our goal, but unfortun

Quote Originally Posted by Redi_dare
    1. Why drop Tate?
    2. Why change a winning formation?

The same 2 questions I was asking myself at 2.45.
    I feared the worst, especially as he did similar with Barnsley.
    SD has my 100% backing but he does annoy me sometimes - was he trying to be too clever and over-complicate?

To say I was shocked to see tate out of the team was a understatement.
    He is easily a class above any defender we have at the club.
    We have been excellent with a change of formation for the past 3 games so why change. Forget about the opposition do what's best for us.
    We were never in the game, never looked like scoring and without ben garratt would have lost by a higher score line. Negative tactics.
    3 other points. What has happened to tootle?
    I dont see why marcus haber deserves to start. Imho very poor player who*doesn't look interested. Goalscoring record to match.
    Why was brandy substituted? Our best attacking threat.
    ps george ray car crash footballer. The talent is visible but he is a accident waiting to happen every game

I have stuck up for Davis but he committed a cardinal sin yesterday, YOU NEVER BREAK UP A WINNING TEAM.

Apart from the Vale match, we couldn't buy a win for 2 months and were rock bottom with little chance of safety. Then Davis made a smart move by changing his formation and winning 3 on the trot. He earned praise off many including myself. So why change the formation back to the one in which we performed so poorly? Laughable Decision.

As for George Ray, silly mistake by a young and immature player. However, his improvement (playing alongside Tate) has been there for all to see. We didn't lose because of him. Yes he needs the hairdryer treatment but straight back into the first team after suspension.

Am I missing something?

We changed a winning team against Peterborough, and it worked ok.

If we had played with 5 at the back yesterday we would have been camped on the edge of our penalty area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast