+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2 Questions

re: 2 Questions

I agree he was very good up to the penalty incident but he imploded thereafter - defenders stand and fall by their errors, he continues to make too many.

Perhaps, I'm a bit harsh as he's still learning - I was really taking issue with the idea that Dugdale is 'easily the worst' of our centre backs - he is n't and it's disrespectful to suggest that he is in my opinion - the standard is a real stretch for Duggy but he shows guts, determination, the right attitude and the ability to draw on his experience. He's in the team on merit at the moment which can change,of course, - I don't like the idea that Ray walks back into the team when his suspension is complete because we're backing him as 'one for the future' - if we ship a shedful of goals while he's out then that's a different matter obviously.

[quote="DGFG"]

George Ray might be a more talented footballer than either Davis or Dugdale but I'm afraid he's well behind them in terms of temperament and mentality. And experience. Something he will only acquire through playing.

He needs to earn the right to play though based on his performances. Do you really think he's done enough to be one of the firsts on the team sheet? Playing him for his development irrespective of his performance does n't help us and it does n't help him.

Surely part of the experience and development he needs to gain is the understanding that if he makes errors like he did on Saturday, he has to earn his place in the team back.

Ben Garratt was third choice 'keeper at the start of last season. He plays in an even more exposed position than George. He is now our established number one on the basis of his performances helped in no small measure by the fact that he is blessed with a superb temperament.

Anyway, I've said enough on the subject - just to be clear, I've nothing against the lad and hope he does well - he's yet to reach the required standard consistently for me though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345