+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Lottery...

O/T Lottery...

O/T...on here only because the correct page isn't updating to show 'new' posts!!!!!!!STILL NOT FIXED!

I do the lottery on-line, I'm not bothered about wins really, but if I got a big one I could buy a bungalow and do without these infernal stairs...

they recently sent an email about changes to how they pay big wins out, I phoned them for clarification on a couple of points...spoke to this helpful young lad and there was one point he needed to go and check...would I mind if he put me on hold...aaaargh...

I replied, no, as long as you don't play music, I'll listen to people shuffling papers, flicking paper clips at each other, tapping their fingers on the desk...but preferably if you have a recording of the collective groan from the Man Utd fans when MK Dons 4th goal went in I'd listen to that...he was amused, I was content.

ray...in Batley.

re: O/T Lottery...

Content but still skint though Ray..

That makes two of us mate.

Never come close on the Lottery myself. Did have a weird dream that I won it once, so the next day went and purchased a ticket...didn't get a single number.

Remember my grandparents best mates winning the jackpot years ago. They would walk in the pub and if he didn't buy everyone a drink, he was labeled as tight...but if he did buy everyone a drink, he was labeled as 'flashing the cash'

Never understood the people who win it and still carry on working. I'd be out of here and sat on a yacht in the Bahamas before anyone even knew I'd won it

I went to the Bahamas (area) when I was in the Merchant Navy, a little island called Curacao.

remember going into town with some of the crew on our first night there, got into town on an old, beaten up bus that went racing through these beat up dirt tracks of a road.

small town called Willemstad, it was my first trip I'd never been out of England before, most of the crew had and so they knew the places to go for a drink, drinking didn't bother me though I probably did have a rum.

remember we got a taxi back to the ship.

I was fascinated with the cactus, they were enormous, I had a collection at home, weedy little things in comparison.

when I went to New Zealand a few months later, on a different ship, we went through the Panama Canal, after experiencing the tail end of a hurricane near America, scary, very scary.

the ship gets pulled through the locks in the canal by 'mules'...extremely powerful engines, me, and the other young lad on board were told that we had to save up left o

I had a small cactus once. I called it Gerald after the mouse who had a house in the Pink Floyd song 'Bike'. They were must better when they had Sid Barrett in the group.

Sadly the cactus died after not very long. My youngest sister said it was because I had forgot to water it. My eldest sister said it was because I'd put it in the wrong flower pot. My other sister said it was because I'd tried to make it grow by talking to it. I think she was right - although to be honest I'm so quiet I hardly say a thing - shy Sally of few words am I - honest.

The lesson I learned from all this is don'trust cacti; they're unreliable. I will stick to bluebells in the future.

SKT xxxx

Roger Waters, he was the insp***tion of the group, never the same after he left, Peter Gabriel had the same influence with Genesis.

was the Wish you were here recording done with reference to Syd Barrett?

shy Sally...try Delphiniums, they'll bring you out of yourself...

ray...in Batley.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)