+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: o/t Kidderminster SVR & Mainline Trains

re: o/t Kidderminster SVR & Mainline Trains

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    One thing has always fascinated me down the years is the Handcar, seen in use in films of the past. The video in link below shows in detail how to use one. I'd love to have a go on one.
    Interesting thought, Gav, but best not to try it in the monsoon season!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    One thing has always fascinated me down the years is the Handcar, seen in use in films of the past. The video in link below shows in detail how to use one. I'd love to have a go on one.

dangerous form of transport 71 !

see link - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom
    Steam for me every time. The smell and noise, much better than the buzz and smell of diesel oil.
    I was going to watch a movie tonight called "The Boiler Room" and billed as a "steamy drama"... but it stars Vin Diesel so I don't know whether or not to bother?

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneywolf

dangerous form of transport 71 !

see link[/quote]

Cool machine but looks like a backache on wheels to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    Problem with buses is that some of the ticket inspectors can be a bit scary:-

I must admit the above still from one of the final episodes proves the point that, with the departure of Reg Varney, the final series of On The Buses did lose much of its original light humour

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf
    the last time i was on a smoker was 3 or 4 years ago.
    we got tret to a journey on t'north yorks moors
    steam railway.it woz tidy alrite. had some snap on board an all
    the train was reckoned to be going to whitby from
    pickering but the weather ( snow) was so bad we only got as far as grosmont, so we turned back.
    rentboy could give loadsa info on this.
    One thing I can tell you is that those industrial blizzard machines are not cheap to hire but when I heard you could be on your way, it was worth it.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your trip aboard the puffa-puffa poof-poof POOFTER puffy puffboy special!

When I was in the UK in the spring I realised that in all the numerous times I had been on the SVR I had never ridden its full length. So I drove to Kiddy got my ticket and here we go. As we rattled along, the classic English country side unfolded itself outside the window, rolling meadows, wooded hillsides, sheep, horses, cows, a Rhinoceros, a couple of Giraffes,WTF!!

I had forgotten the bloody train ran past Bewdley Safari park. X-D

Am currently travelling on good old 323211 set, compliments of London midland!

Can hardly contain my excitement as I watch the run down industrial areas fly by at a dizzying rate of 37mph

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)