+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Town

re: Bolton Town

Anyone remember the big fight in the nags between wanderers and Newcastle fans?i erm had frigg all to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JC White
    Try Knocking ten years off that bwfcforever. Late 60's, early 70's and then we're talking smokey and I mean Woodbine smokey!!

M before my time then & its often i can say that !

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsmore
    Anyone remember the big fight in the nags between wanderers and Newcastle fans?i erm had frigg all to do with it.

are you sure ...whatsmore ...? ;-)

you mean those thrilling 3 games we had against em ..? FA CUP

Quote Originally Posted by bwfcforever

are you sure ...whatsmore ...? ;-)

you mean those thrilling 3 games we had against em ..? FA CUP[/quote]Not sure if it was the league game,we were near bottom of league and keegan came with his magpies,and we won 3.1.Think it upset a few of em.

Lower Nags Head, that brings back memories , that was my watering hole if we ventured out of Atherton into Bolton. Anyone remember what the boozer was across the road from the Nags Head. We used to go in there as well.

Old Three Crowns??

What was the pub lower down from The Golden Lion? All I can remember is it had a decent Jukebox (no MTV in those days!)
    I remember the Old Three Crowns, looked better from the outside. Anyone remember The Millstone?

Not looking good for this Old Pub,Now - view external link

I think that's the one Jimmy . Memories eh. I've not been in Bolton Town Centre for years. If I want any decent shopping I go to the Trafford Centre or Manchester City centre. Cracking afternoon out in the City centre. Usually call into Sinclairs Oyster Bar, although that's a contradiction in terms, when did anyone see any Oysters in Manchester. ( apart from maybe Salford Oysters ).

As was said above eric, The Old Three Crowns looked a decent boozer from outside but inside was a different story

JC - I know exactly which pub you mean - it was opposite Harker And Howarths just down from The Golden Lion towards the church. Really p1ssing me off that I can't remember it's!!! Used to go in the Swan Cellar in my punk gear and get sh1t from the bikers then go across to The Golden Lion and get it from that crowd and wander down to that pub and get it there again!!! Happy days Why the fk did I ever think that was a good night out???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)