+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a word with Steve this afternoon!

Had a word with Steve this afternoon!

I was in a local car dealership earlier today: You may guess which one LOL and saw Steve Davis in the process of buying one and had a chance to have a word with him about last Saturday and why he left out Tate and changed a winning team! I did as couldn't resist it and then did a bit of grovelling by adding that all us fans knew why you did it though Steve!

I then said as he was the 10th longest serving manager not to buy something too expensive as you never know whether you can pay for it.

I also asked him whether Tate was back on Saturday?

I may tell you his answer next Saturday afternoon after 2pm!

re: Had a word with Steve this afternoon!

And your point is?
    Or put it another way...why post that?

Let's face it, once Mike had been allowed to touch the hem of Steve's raiment, he was far too bedazzled to give him much of a grilling.

A question like "Why do you let all the good trialists go and sign up the duds?" would not have gone amiss.

[quote="VindePays2009"[/quote]

Which "good" trialists were those?

Quote Originally Posted by "somersetcrewe"[/quote

Which "good" trialists were those?
    Sam Winnall, perhaps. Seems to have found his feet at this level now.

Did you give him your thoughts on the Academy mike ?

Talking of players on trial, well there is one at the Alex at the moment.

Crewe have handed 30 year old Argentine defender, Federico Bessone, a short trial after he became a free agent in the summer.

As much as I am interested and enthusiastic about what goes on 'backstage', the last thing I'd do is quiz one of the management team about football, away from a football context.
    Maybe a cheery, 'Well done Steve' or even a 'Let's keep winning', but nothing more intrusive.
    If someone interrupted me when I was haggling over a purchase with unconnected matters I'd be hard-pressed to remain civil.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    As much as I am interested and enthusiastic about what goes on 'backstage', the last thing I'd do is quiz one of the management team about football, away from a football context.
    Maybe a cheery, 'Well done Steve' or even a 'Let's keep winning', but nothing more intrusive.
    If someone interrupted me when I was haggling over a purchase with unconnected matters I'd be hard-pressed to remain civil.
    You think I'm barmy? I wasn't born yesterday unlike many who post on here!

We had a bit of a laugh about discounts on cars and insurance and as i know all lads at the dealership said to make sure they give him a good discount etc. There was no intrusive questioning on anything else other than the comments I added above but be sure that is the LAST time I will mention stuff like that on here and this includes any discussions with Dario too...

Miserable Sods!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    You think I'm barmy? I wasn't born yesterday unlike many who post on here!

We had a bit of a laugh about discounts on cars and insurance and as i know all lads at the dealership said to make sure they give him a good discount etc. There was no intrusive questioning on anything else other than the comments I added above but be sure that is the LAST time I will mention stuff like that on here and this includes any discussions with Dario too...

Miserable Sods! [/quote]

I was going to "l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast