+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had a word with Steve this afternoon!

re: Had a word with Steve this afternoon!

Just a thought but does Mike by any chance also go by the alias of "Len the Crewe fan" who is always on Praise & Grumbledropping and going on about conversations with his "mate Dario" I wonder...?! Now he's got a new "mate" called Steve

I would have to say that if you bump into Dario in the corner shop or when purchasing a cheeky bottle of red in Sainsbury's then he has always been up for a chat about the club and players. He will give you an honest assessment of their abilities, their agents (best keep the kids out of the way when he waxes lyrical on that subject), their worth and their future.

Easier now that he is not directly involved in team selection as SD is, of course, but still a decent fella to have a natter with about football who not only loves the game but talks intelligently about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    I would have to say that if you bump into Dario in the corner shop or when purchasing a cheeky bottle of red in Sainsbury's then he has always been up for a chat about the club and players. He will give you an honest assessment of their abilities, their agents (best keep the kids out of the way when he waxes lyrical on that subject), their worth and their future.

Easier now that he is not directly involved in team selection as SD is, of course, but still a decent fella to have a natter with about football who not only loves the game but talks intelligently about it.
    I'll happily accept all that.
    My apologies to MikeSB if I came across as a 'miserable sod', and I have never suggested he is 'barmy'. (Proper apology ... not a politician!)
    Yes, SD is one of the good guys and lives and breathes the Alex, so a positive chat about the team never goes amiss.
    I hope I have straightened that out. :-D

AL, I'm sorry for adding that final sentence as well but I got the impression that it was pointless posting things like this but I thought its all things Alex in between matches so to speak and just normal things that go on etc. I did think someone would ask me who was the dealer and what car Steve was looking at etc. LOL!

I agree with the last couple of posts about Dario and I think most if not all football managers don't mind having a chat to fans they just happen to meet outside as its probably rare that they do get a chance to do that and of course agree that there needs to be a balance so they can also go out and about without feeling they are being harassed by anyone or being abused. Had he been having a meal or with his family then I wouldn't have done so at all. I think he appreciated the little chat though and especially making sure he was getting a good discount.

Thanks for the clarification anyway AL. Good man!

Mike, as a matter of interest, who was the dealer and what car was Steve looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Mike, as a matter of interest, who was the dealer and what car was Steve looking at?
    OK, here a clue..

Ashley Wesrwood bought a brand new 6 series last year and I met his father there some time later who told me how much money Ashley was on at Villa! Well not exactly but a lot LOT more than he was on here.

Andy Franks was buying one when I was in there a few weeks ago.

Now SD is in the process of doing the same thing and sorry don't know which car he settled on..

So its a place where only the suave and intelligent hang out and of course have pots of money to waste!

There is a good clue in there which dealer it is...

I do hate to do this dropping as you know!

I saw him in a Jag last week maybe he is trying to keep up with DG and his Aston Martin! How the Poor live?

Crawley prediction

Last week's loss was just one of those days. Back on track with a hard earned 2-1 win.C.O.Y.R.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12