+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team for Saturday?

re: Much, much better

seconded Bassy

Can't disagree with any of the comments above and have to agree with KRoKiwi that to the neutral it was a pretty awful match. I don't think we were good but Wolves fans must have been disappointed by a dreadfully poor performance from them.
    On individuals I thought that Grounds was awful and that Robinson was wholehearted but made what could have been a couple of very costly errors and that he lacked any pace.Agree that Thomas looks a better proposition than Donaldson in that formation. He held the ball up better and has the pace required but we are going to struggle to score many goals this season.
    I thought Morrison had a good game and I liked the way that he was constantly talking the back four into taking up the correct shape. Once again I thought that Caddis was outstanding. Not only did he handle his defensive duties well but I thought his out balls were very intelligently used.
    It was clear however that we have been shopping in the 1£ shop and that many of the players are no

We need the games to be boring Spion - the better organisation and work ethic from our midfielders meant that the expected avalanche of attacks and goal attempts by Wolves did not eventuate and fortunately we were not really subjected to the sort of siege we were too often subjected too under the Clark. I agree with you the new CB seems to have made a difference in that the defence was organised & compact - or maybe Rowett just did some of the basic defensive drills at training that I had mentioned previously. The embarassing thing is that the players are are said to be "experienced" and "professionals" should have known this in the first place - unless of course Clark told them something else.

Long may boredom reign as we are never going to score a lot of goals so we need to keep the goose egg next to our opponents' on the score board in the hope we can grab one or two going the other way. V. Wolves we only had one realistic chance; but Grounds headed poorly with the goal at h

we have matt green to come back soon as well , there is the kid from celtic , we have gray and arthur ,we're not short of speed up front but the three mentioned are all luxury type forwards , we just need a big dumb ass target man to hold the ball up and lay it off,a bloke who will dig a trench before breakfast and another after lunch,a kevin davies , someone about 6 foot 7 might do the job ;-)
    But we do need to sort the defence ,in fact we need a robust midfield general, a goal scorer.
    so 3 loans or mature players willing to do a job for buttons

Bassman the Scot looks like he has decent size about him - he's built like a light heavyweight boxer; and the videos on Youtube (although they only post the good stuff) suggest he's reasonably nimble with fair skills. Why hasn't he been given a go? Donaldson seems rather flighty and Thomas is workmanlike at best; but a hard trier nevertheless

If not you are right; it appears Zigic is a free agent still and he has a habit of getting ***** goals.

A left back is definitely needed urgently, Mitch Hancox can feel aggrieved I feel.

Our midfield was effective in a bustling sense. I thought Davis, Gleeson, Shinnie and Reilly when he came on were all effective. A while since we've had a midfield general though - Izzet barely played does Danny Sonner count? I think you'd have to go back to Gerry Daly... we were young then... We won a few games too...

Is Ziggy not playing anywhere? Does he still live locally?

I know that 5000 quid isn't what he was being paid but jeez we need him now.

Good to read the comments as I could only listen to the commentary over here (though seems like Taz and others were able to watch on the internet). Most encouragingly it seemed the players responded well to Rowett which suggests whatever he did in the first week was enough to gain their confidence. From the commentary, it sounded like Koby Arthur was our only real threat going forward but no-one on here is singing his praises? Zigic - now that's interesting!

Fresno Koby Arthur was commendably active and he showed that he has skills and pace to trouble defenders in the league we're in. Unfortunately he needs a leader and also didn't really get a lot of support; also he doesn't shoot well. Hohum. Maybe Rowett will see to introduce a more systematic style of attacking after he is satisfied the defending is all it can be...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)