+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday?

Team for Saturday?

It will be interesting to see which players and what formation will be adopted on Saturday. Will Rowett be brave and make lots of changes or will he play safe by using a largely unchanged team? I assume that he will do his research and watch the videos of recent matches as well as making an assessment of what he sees on the training pitch this week.
    It will be an informative glimpse into what is likely to be his managerial style. If Robinson is on the team sheet then I would certainly find it a cause for concern.
    Rg

re: Team for Saturday?

I would imagine Beale would possibly be the main source of information as he was involved with the last couple of games and has remained at the club.

For those who see Blues every week Robinson appears for many to be the talking point in so much I get the drift they think he should be replaced,possibly awkward one for Rowett as I think Robinson is Club Captain as well as team Captain and he may have a fair imput in many happenings at the club,Rowett will move in small increments I think and I doubt that he'll make wholesale changes but I could be wide of the mark.

For me I would'nt be too critical at this stage if certain players are still chosen that you or I don't believe should make the team in truth there is a lot of 'sameness'about many players and I think Rowett will concentrate on getting a team whoever he picks to follow his playing philosophy and see what results before much with player changes comes about.

Well it's live on the Net and an early kickoff so I'll be watching again.

Rowett will, I think, need a few weeks on the training ground to assess and impose his style of play (with the squad he has to work with). I just hope I don't have to watch hoof ball for 90 minutes.

I think many of us have got to the stage where anything less than a two goal defeat will be comsidered a good result. He has apparently been told that modest funding will be available for new players in January. Managers, in these circumstances, often have a habit of going back to their old clubs for players but only he will be able to assess if anyone at Burton is capable of Championship football.
    Rg

well he's picked up a useful player from charlton , if he goes with fitness then the younger players must be in the running , still early doors so as said above i guess beale will have a large input , but he does sound as though he's his own man so expect some suprises too, its not going to be the game that forges our future but we can judge whether he's going to make us a more solid unit.

Hi Guys,

Please play Robinson, hopefully it will be like Rollerball, Houston v Tokoyo and he is retired...

The selected side suggests that he is going to bog it up in the middle and make them go over the top of us. Hopefully the new CB is up to it and we will be able to maintain a high line with only one forward selected we will not be able to press high up the pitch and take the ball off them thee - unless Shinnie is tried as an out and out forward. Wolves have won 5 from 7 on their own field and I do not see how a defence including Robinson and Grounds is equipped to withstand a siege. Let us hope Mr Rowett has some surprises for us?

Well that's worked so far and most of the latter part of the first half was good in that we were able to get to the ball first,keep Wolves penned back and not threatening our goal which has to be good news given our defence is so ropey. Taking the ball off them higher up the pitch is much better idea as our distribution from the back remains horrible but the midfield has passed the ball reasonably well; albeit without penetration. Unfortunately we don't really look like scoring.

The good news in terms of hope for the future is that Wolves are much higher up the league than us. Their players technically and in terms of decision making are every bit as good as ours. they are however very well drilled and their players are excellent at taking care of their zones and they must be very hard to break down. Fortunately for us their manager has started the match rather cautiously; he can't be pleased with what he has seen so let's see what they do next.

The good news is that so far the

Much, much better

Vastly improved defensive organisation and structure on display. Let's hope that continues and then something can be done about the attacking play as that remained uninspired. Difficult to see us creating a lot at present without Gray on the field. Thomas looks a better proposition than Donaldson in that set up though.

It does need to be said however that Wolves were insipid; but if that is one of the better sides in the league then there may be hope for us yet, mediocre as we are

re: Much, much better

Much better, manager taking notes and acting on them , team looked organised , a few mistakes by individuals but an entertaining derby game , blues did try to take the game to wolves where possible but 2 years of poor investment and management certainly show , good substitutions kept us in the game and a stellar improvement by all concerned , a clean sheet after 0-8 is like winning the pools , well done Mr Rowett and well done the players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)