+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Match Thread

re: Norwich Match Thread

Last night was a frightful horror show, befitting of Halloween. There were ghosts up front and zombies at the back, but if we can get a striker from somewhere who can capitalise on the good work we are seeing from Davies and Chung-Yong it will make Lennon's job a heck of a lot easier.

Freedman simply does not deserve some the condemnation from some fans, when you consider the unprecedented, difficult circumstances at the club.

He managed us for 100 games; his record shows that we won one, we lost one and then we drew one. The football was good to watch sometimes and not so good to watch at other times. I understand why another slow start to the season was too much for some supporters to take, but I wince when I hear statements like, "he is one of the worst managers we have ever had." It's unfair and untrue.

I still can't believe the Norwich player who had been booked wasn't sent off, pitiful and weak refereeing, really poor decision, Chung Lee was battered after that disgusting challenge, seen Bolton players sent off for absolutely nothing compared to that

Who was worse Warren ? , you are as deluded as Freedman, he onlyd one team with no changes in a 100 games, and his win ratio of 33% was worse than Coyle in the premiership, he inherited a premiership squad, albeit a poor one, he was hopeless, his signings were dire and his tactics were worse

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray
    Who was worse Warren ? , you are as deluded as Freedman, he onlyd one team with no changes in a 100 games, and his win ratio of 33% was worse than Coyle in the premiership, he inherited a premiership squad, albeit a poor one, he was hopeless, his signings were dire and his tactics were worse
    Who is deluded? Coyle had a Premier League squad with a Premier League budget; he lost almost half of his games; he spent decent money on terrible players; we were relegated under him; we lost 5-0 in a semi-final; he changed winning teams constantly; Freedman took his squad from near bottom to within a point of the play-offs and made more changes because we had to play more games.

My only defence for Coyle is the injuries to key players and that the matches were usually entertaining.

they were both poor but in my opinion the football promoted by Freedman was worse than anything i have ever witnessed, if you enjoyed it, fair enough ,but I didn't. One shot on target all game is not my idea of entertainment which was what happened against Sheffield Wednesday at home this season, and it was more like a back pass, that is unforgiveable

Freedman's teams weren't playing premiership teams , they were playing clubs like Yeovil

EDIT: No disrespect to Yeovil but there record signing was less than Beckford's annual wage

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray

Freedman's teams weren't playing premiership teams , they were playing clubs like Yeovil
    Freedman's couldn't get players like Wilshere, he only could get players like Trotter.

It all cancels out. Playing Yeovil in the Championship was no different to playing Wigan in the Premier League.

Coyle was popular because he had an all or nothing approach, Dougie wasn't because he knew the value of a point;

It all cancels out. Playing Yeovil in the Championship was no different to playing Wigan in the Premier League.

Exactly, you said Coyle had a premiership squad and budget and Dishwater dougie didn't , but Freedman's team was playing clubs with smaller budgets than his, so in effect it was harder for Coyle, thanks for agreeing with me

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    It's not up front campo it's that they are creating chances. We aren't.

Beckford's not had a single decent ball
    Beckford could of had a decent ball off Pratley but he was on the wrong side of the defender the lazy git i never want to see him in a bolton shirt again![/quote]

He looked pissed off to be dragged off last night.

I would have been too, firstly with myself, secondly with the hopeless service.

The distribution (particularly from the defence) was a joke, there's only so much any lone striker can do in that situation.

It has to be Mason and Cravies for the Cardiff match though.

Quote Originally Posted by danm1992
    It's not up front campo it's that they are creating chances. We aren't.

Beckford's not had a single decent ball
    Beckford could of had a decent ball off Pratley but he was on the wrong side of the defender the lazy git i never want to see him in a bolton shirt again![/quote]

He looked pissed off to be dragged off last night.

I would have been too, firstly with myself, secondly with the hopeless service.

The distribution (particularly from the defence) was a joke, there's only so much any lone striker can do in that situation.

It has to be Mason and Cravies for the Cardiff match though.[/quote]Dan, Mason & McNaughton can't play against Cardiff on Tuesday. It could be Cravies & Clayton together.

I don't think Beckfords heart is in it anymore he's just going through the motions the sooner he goes the better we can't afford to wait another 15 games for him to score 1 goal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)