+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Norwich Match Thread

re: Norwich Match Thread

I hope it is Craig Davies and Clayton. Beckford looked really unhappy last night. His head's gone. He can't play the lone striker role with nothing coming to him and when it does he just looks desperate.

I thought with Lennon hauling Spearing off last night, I just wonder if Lennon is now ready to kick some arse! Spearing is the club captain and he wasn't injured when he was brought off, it was a tactical change. I think Lennon is now going to be ruthless with some of our players and it's about time some of our players had a reality check. No player is indispensable!

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray
    thanks for agreeing with me
    If you think that Coyle did less damage to the club than Freedman, then I disagree.

If you think that Coyle had a more difficult job than Freedman, then I disagree again.

I think we have touched on it before there isn't one player in our current team we would lose sleep over it they left tomorrow and that is the problem.

I'm not going to get into a debate about Coyle and Freedman, everyone has their own opinions on the pros and cons of either and wont change those opinions.

Coyle was tactically inept, but was willing to take a chance, and he did have some horrendous bad luck.

Freedman did a decent enough job in the first year, steadying the ship and then nearly taking us to the play offs. Many would argue that having got to that stage it was his negativity that prevented a top six place.

But since then it has been terrible. The football has been the worst I have seen at Bolton for 40 years, He was negative, a tinkerman supreme, he ruined the spirit within the playing squad, in my opinion he was anti football.

I don't think I have enjoyed half a dozen games since he arrived. Almost every team we have played have enjoyed massive possession against us, and have totally outplayed us.

Good riddance.

One thing is for sure since Sam left the team has got weaker with every manager after him now we don't have a pot to p*** in and a team that is lacking in quality all over the pitch unless we get some new investment quick we are going nowhere!

Don't think we'll ever get a investor daft enough to come in and spend Millions to get us, for a start challenging and then even harder maintain a position in the Prem.

We've had our chance and we blew it, with a succession of bad/wrong managers who spent what little there was in the Pot on bad buys.

Good Scouting for me is the way, look at Southampton sold loads of players and yet still are up there.

We went down the Buy road and made a Complete Bollox of it

I think I've already said that I'm reserving final judgement on NL until we've seen a few more games.

That said, here's a few thoughts to be going on with . . .

I thought NL was just another flim-flam man when he arrived; I've seen (and heard) little to dispel that initial impression.

The first win (against a side that hadn't won a home league game since Adam was a lad, was a laboured (1-0)effort to say the least.

The fact that Bournemouth went on to put 8 past them the next time round just goes to illustrate our general deficiencies in front of goal!

A lot was made of our possession at Charlton, despite losing - yet we did the same under Dougie - enough said!

3-1 against Brentford looks impressive on paper; but any realist who was there knows full well we were damned lucky, period!

Losing to Norwich was to be expected - though the margin was smaller than I would have predicted.

Yes, they're getting forward more than of late - but the perennial problems remain unaddressed:

N

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)