+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crawley prediction

Crawley prediction

Last week's loss was just one of those days. Back to winning ways with a 2-1 win! C.O.Y.R.

re: Crawley prediction

Lucky to get a draw,with only 3 shots on goal,one of which went in.
    At half time we were 6th from the bottom,but with our draw,and other results,back to the bottom.

True, Nev, but a point's a point and 10 from the past 5 matches is a great return . . promotion form almost!

And, no, I am not going to be carried away by it and suggest we will get 60 more points this season!!

Not sure I agree with AA's last sentence, but we can be satisfied with current form - especially considering the numbers and quality we were missing today.

There's only one club going to get us up the table, and that is not any other than the Alex. A couple more wins will change that league table immensely.

COYRs

Quote Originally Posted by NEVTHEDEV
    Lucky to get a draw ...

Were you there, Nev?
    A draw the least we deserved as we had the better of the first half and they only really came on strong in the last 20 minutes.
    In fact until they scored, I was thinking even a draw would have been a travesty but I'll take it in the end.

Cooper a constant threat, Baillie very bright on debut and linked up well for the goal and I quite liked the look of Jones when he came on. Seems to have grown since I last saw him. Wouldn't mind betting he'll be running our midfield in a couple of years time, maybe adorning the armband too!!

A word for Brandy as well, ran his socks off. Wouldn't mind getting him on a permanent deal.

Oh, and I was glad we reverted to the 3 CHs again, definitely our best bet in our current plight. I hope we keep it for the Blades this time around and dish out some retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Lucky to get a draw ...

Were you there, Nev?
    A draw the least we deserved as we had the better of the first half and they only really came on strong in the last 20 minutes.
    In fact until they scored, I was thinking even a draw would have been a travesty but I'll take it in the end.

Cooper a constant threat, Baillie very bright on debut and linked up well for the goal and I quite liked the look of Jones when he came on. Seems to have grown since I last saw him. Wouldn't mind betting he'll be running our midfield in a couple of years time, maybe adorning the armband too!!

A word for Brandy as well, ran his socks off. Wouldn't mind getting him on a permanent deal.

Oh, and I was glad we reverted to the 3 CHs again, definitely our best bet in our current plight. I hope we keep it for the Blades this time around and dish out some retribution.[/quote]
    No I was`nt there Somerset,by

I would have settled for a point before this game began to be honest. At least we are now in striking distance with the teams around us, unlike our position a month ago.

I can see where Nev is coming from, especially if you consider the stats. Of course, it is difficult to gauge the proceedings if you have not attended the game, even listening to RS (if you have DAB that is). I heard from a fan who attended, that the Alex were great in that first half, yet did not compete during the second period. I am pleased with the draw, as obviously SD had a depleted squad to work with. I expected the worst to be frank, especially considering 9 players were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I can see where Nev is coming from, especially if you consider the stats.

A fair comment but stats can often be misleading.
    Apparently Crawley had 6 shots on target - but I would suggest, apart from Mcleod's leveler, (damn that man, another who always seems to do us!), the header that flashed past the post in added time was the closest they came to a 2nd.
    6 shots on target but Ben was not really tested.
    Their keeper on the other hand - the local sponsors MOTM!!! Must say something.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    I can see where Nev is coming from, especially if you consider the stats.

A fair comment but stats can often be misleading.
    Apparently Crawley had 6 shots on target - but I would suggest, apart from Mcleod's leveler, (damn that man, another who always seems to do us!), the header that flashed past the post in added time was the closest they came to a 2nd.
    6 shots on target but Ben was not really tested.
    Their keeper on the other hand - the local sponsors MOTM!!! Must say something.[/quote]

As you quite rightly say, the only balanced view on a particular match, is from a spectator's perspective, although as we know, even that can vary from person to person. I bet the reporter in the Sentinel saw it from a different angle. Moreover, the manager often sees things differently than we do.