+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Aberdictionary - L

re: Aberdictionary - L

Quote Originally Posted by SMsW
    Lovell , Steve.

Could have? Should have?

Underused by Hingmy.

Asked for a finders fee for Ryan Fraser but was told to f*ck off by Duncan Fraser.
    Only player ever to score for Aberdeen vs Bayern in Munich ( 1-5 defeat), after the previous season scoring a peach v Rangers at Pittodrie in the game we had to win on the last day of the season ( 2008?) to get into Europe. Can still see him beating McGregor to the ball left of goal and flicking it past him with the outside of his right foot from a tight angle- some skill that. Following on from Seve's rocket that was one of the best ends to the season we ever had to beat the scum 2-0 and quailify for Europe

Low, Nicky

Most underutilised high energy midfielder we have. Scored match winning free kick v Ross County in December, scored one of our penalties in the LC Final, scored v Partick this season, and scored a beauty from 30 yards v Celtic u20s to win that match 2-1. He is overdue a run in the team and Willo is overdue a break.

Limassol

Venue for my first ever Euro away game against Salamina, which just happened to coincide with a family holiday to Ayia Napa (before it became the home of garage house music, whatever the f**k that is).

Surreal atmosphere in the ground as a couple of thousand soldiers joined the few hundred travelling dandies.
    Mason and Gillhaus scored in a 2-0 win.

Linksfield Stadium

Proper Mannies' fitba grun in the vicinity of oor midden. Renamed Chris Anderson Stadium after oor vice-chairman, a fine tribute. Now carries the Aberdeen Sports Village. Poovery.

Quote Originally Posted by hewasplummin
    Loriston
    Wow, a dictionary that can't spell. F*uck me.

Lightweight n informal a person of little importance. adj 1 of thin material or build. 2 informal having little importance or influence.

See Steve Ritchie, Ray McKinnon, Haruldar Ingolfsson, Sone Aluko, Chris Clark etc etc etc.

Little, Billy

Signed as a centre forward in the days of Proper Mannies' positions and formations, but was played on the wing by Eddie Turnbull.

Transferred when Jim Forrest of The Unfeasibly Large Thighs (often heard in dance halls roon the NE: "ony chunce o a ride, quine, ye've got thighs like Jim Forrest) was signed fae Preston.

Clever fecker ana. He studied for a degree when they didna gie them awa wi Cornflake packets as weel as playing for the Dons.

Not to be confused with Big Willie, the ginger beanpole centre half who we transferred to Spurs aboot this time in 75.

Liability

A term used to describe Gary McDonald, Haraldur Ingolffson, Bertrand Bossu, Zander Diamond etc etc etc etc ( feel free to add more here )

Laughing stock

What we used to be for 19 years until we won the League Cup in March 2014.

Low points

Personal choice:

1967 cup final
    1969 cup semi-final
    1971 league run-in
    1971 Turnbull leaving
    1977 cup replay v TMSTID
    1978 Easter R o ad
    1979 TWO fuucking League Cup finals
    1981 League run-in
    1987 first season with no trophy since 81

Etc

But I'd rather watch the Reds lose every week than be een o those peer dull-brained thick fuuckers that disna enjoy the privilege of being one of The Chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage
    Low points

Personal choice:

1967 cup final
    1969 cup semi-final
    1971 league run-in
    1971 Turnbull leaving
    1977 cup replay v TMSTID
    1978 Easter R o ad
    1979 TWO fuucking League Cup finals
    1981 League run-in
    1987 first season with no trophy since 81

Etc

But I'd rather watch the Reds lose every week than be een o those peer dull-brained thick fuuckers that disna enjoy the privilege of being one of The Chosen.
    Nae much to argue wi' that list 57min. '71 was really cruel. I fair thocht we were going to win it that year, what a team that was. Not to be I'm afraid, part o' life being a Dandy but I wouldnae hae it any other way. Just to add, went to school full o' Tims and the only real GIRFUY I enjoyed was the '70 final. Inbred cuunts.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast