+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win Ugly Or Expect To Be Entertained ?

re: Win Ugly Or Expect To Be Entertained ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmouth_WBAFC
    Hopefully i can answer this Gav.

I went to Leicester yesterday.
    The whole game itself was totally boring...both teams midfield created hardly anything.

The best parts of the day was the pre-match session...and witnessing an army helicopter land on the pitch to present the match ball a few minutes before kick off.

A great atmosphere though i must say..just a shame about the quality of football served up by both teams.

I always say this line and always will...
    The championship is by far the best league for enjoyment and atmospheres...unless you get relegated from it of course.
    The last paragraph stands out. Similar to what you posted was said to me by my brother-in-law, who follow Sunderland. He often said what was the point of gong up to get hammered every week? He said at least in the championship he would see his side win games and the so called fans who just turn up for the premier league won't be there.

Football isn't

re: Win Ugly Or Expect To Be Entertained ?

A great read, Plater...and very true The sad thing is that it won't change anything. It should, but sadly it won't. As you imply, the proper fans have become irrelevant.

On another note relating to the officials, we kept a clean sheet on Saturday. I hope some people are over the moon about that. I'm not as I would prefer the three points before the clean sheet. The award of a nailed on penalty by a competent linesman would have helped. Had we scored it, the clean sheet could then have then been applauded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)