+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Success

re: Success

Yes, facts do speak for themselves. Gate receipts alone would not maintain the club, so e have to have a plan and this plan was put in place by a very forward thinking board of directors over 30 years ago and that is why we still have a game to go to every other Saturday. It is wrong to judge the success of the club by the league position of the team

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Please AWARE this club has also been in the bottom 4 RELEGATION more times than any other club in the Football League also.and it still goes On!
    I know I am wasting my time with this, but please be aware that the club has NOT been relegated from the Football League since automatic relegation was introduced and has not finished in the 4 relegation places (although there are only 2) since 1982-83, the year before Dario became manager and the whole structure of the club was changed.

Coincidence? You work it out, or at least try to.

[quote="crewenil"]Ill probably get shot down in flames but,to me our club is a success,we enjoy league football year after year,look at the Wrexhams,Stockports etc of this world.Ok it was once the championship but its always league footie,for this club to survive in the league for as long as we have is success to me.the academy ,love it or hate it has given us some good players some exceptionally good players,we watch them come through and enjoy their progress at league level.we operate within our means and we survive,I for one am grateful for that,yes weve had lean years what club hasnt,Man City,Stoke down in l1 Luton top flight years ago struggled to get out of conference for years.We plod on and things have picked up of late,great,lets enjoy whats to come this season its never boring at Crewe,unpredictable,definitely,but never boring,come on you reds,Im sure we will survive again this season,maybe just about but this season will be nailbiting to the end l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12