+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Success

Success

Ill probably get shot down in flames but,to me our club is a success,we enjoy league football year after year,look at the Wrexhams,Stockports etc of this world.Ok it was once the championship but its always league footie,for this club to survive in the league for as long as we have is success to me.the academy ,love it or hate it has given us some good players some exceptionally good players,we watch them come through and enjoy their progress at league level.we operate within our means and we survive,I for one am grateful for that,yes weve had lean years what club hasnt,Man City,Stoke down in l1 Luton top flight years ago struggled to get out of conference for years.We plod on and things have picked up of late,great,lets enjoy whats to come this season its never boring at Crewe,unpredictable,definitely,but never boring,come on you reds,Im sure we will survive again this season,maybe just about but this season will be nailbiting to the end like last season bring it on.

re: Success

Yes just need the Directors to work between there needs.No More 10% bonus, No more Cheap Loans to EACH OTHER,or it will be None League.
    The team is still suffering while they drive there BIG CARS,and support there OWN BUSINESS,from the transfer fees?

What planet do you live on?

Earth why where have you been in the VIRGIN outer space craft!!

Driving around in big cars? Do you expect them not to have a car? The club is in good hands and yes, the club is successful. The team enjoys mixed fortunes and whilst we are bottom of league one there will always be some negative comments about all things Crewe Alex, but please be aware that this club is a lot more successful than many!

Please AWARE this club has also been in the bottom 4 RELEGATION more times than any other club in the Football League also.and it still goes On!

And your point is? Even if the team gets relegated, the club is still successful!

Crewenil's point gets to the core of why I have supported the Alex for a few months ( X-D). It's not the blind or blinkered, tunnel vision of winning games at all costs; it's the whole ethos of the club. There is a seam of honesty that runs through the Alex: no liquidations, no court cases leading to convictions, no administrations, and a constant emphasis on the well-being and growth of the lads who join the Academy long before their ****age years.

The supporters are largely knowledgeable and erudite, grammatically educated, and positive (well, sitting near me anyway apart from mid-match moans about players not pulling their weight).

There are some exceptions, quite high profile ones, but they serve to prove the point.

I want entertainment, even at the expense of losing a few games; commitment and enthusiasm, even if our young lads are easily knocked off the ball.

I also drive a big car ... for which Fever_Tox is quite thankful! I hope. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Yes just need the Directors to work between there needs.No More 10% bonus, No more Cheap Loans to EACH OTHER,or it will be None League.
    The team is still suffering while they drive there BIG CARS,and support there OWN BUSINESS,from the transfer fees?
    Positive as always

Being Realistic is the word your looking for Ryan,No use hiding from the facts they speak for themselves unless your Blinkered?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast