+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toots

Toots

Anybody know why Toots didn't play yesterday?

re: Toots

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    Tim...He was ill all week and I believe that he did not travel down to Crawley.

Thanks Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Tim...He was ill all week and I believe that he did not travel down to Crawley.[/quote]
    Flu.

flu,he must have got there before the others then. sorry,ill get my coat.

In terms of defending we never seem to miss him, he looks good going forward, but lets his winger get too many crosses in the box.

For me i'd be happy if Bailie stayed in the team he looks a better all around player.

I wonder if Toots, now that he has missed the boat regarding the management's plan of a lucrative move to a Championship side, will subside into misery, lose form, and end up playing understudy to Baillie.

When the lad came on at Fleetwood to replace Matt, I must say that a few fans sat up and took notice. He looked very composed, smooth and unflustered in his play.

I'm really sorry to see Toots's form dip. He needs this season to be his springboard.

However I'm also concerned about Baillie dropping into the first 11 at this stage. Defence is crucial to the Alex and, unfortunately, our defenders are often under a concentrated and critical gaze. Guthrie has made mistakes; George Ray blows hot and cold; and I don't have to look back too far to hear again the opprobrium heaped on Harry Davis.

We need to build around Tate and Harry D, now that he can be considered an 'old hand' back there. It's great to see the youngsters coming through, but we have to expect some high profile clangers alongside the skill.

I reckon that perhaps the captain's armband is having an effect on the man once thought of, as being our next big sale to a higher club. Westwood initially found the experience a noose around his neck, although did eventually come to terms with the responsibility. I would stick with Davis (not Tait, as AL suggests) and give him the armband (might alleviate the pressure on Toots). Both Duggy (as captain) and Davis were outstanding on Saturday according to the Sentinel. Dugdale was their MOTM. He has been pretty instrumental in our improving form in recent weeks.

I think it's a little harsh to suggest as some have done on this thread that they feel that young James is a better option than toots - to both of them.

Toots is a good pro, with over 200 league games under his belt. James has played one game. Not saying that the lad hasn't got great potential - he has. Also not saying that Toots has has been at his best this season - he hasn't.

However, surely we're in a good position with an experienced full-back/wind-back, and an exciting young talent as back up who can learn his trade from a more experienced player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast