+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nick Powell

Nick Powell

Was wondering what he was doing,as we`ve not heard about him for a while.
    Say`s in the Sun today,that Manu are thinking of recalling him,as he`s not getting played at Leicester,and his value is dropping since Manu paid us 5MILL.

re: Nick Powell

Thought it was 6, anyhow Nick's career is stalling badly, most of us thought he would have been well ahead of Westy by now but it's gone the other way, he's in danger of becoming another journeyman footballer which would be terrible for him!

Looks as though he got in 9+ minutes for Leicester in yesterday's home defeat to W Bromwich Albion.

I don't think any of us really knows what we got from ManU for NP up front but what I do know from Dario is that at least a million pounds was dependent on him getting 40 first team appearances. And that at the moment seems some way off.

The Club or Nick really didn't have a choice given the chance of going to one of the top clubs in Europe and of course the transfer fee. Not sure whether clubs like Aston Villa would have been so generous. Its a great pity that Moyes didn't play him more or have him on the Subs bench more instead of having 40 year old's taking up space. ie Giggs.

I think Nick is a victim of circumstance(s); nothing more. Highly-rated by Ferguson; scored on his home debut; played well in a Champions' League game; frequently an unused sub in the January and February of his first season there.

He was injured and faded from the first team picture; had an operation and missed the pre-season whilst Moyes was taking over.

Started well with Wigan in the Championship and Europa League; had to adapt to a change of manager, and never able to settle upon a fixed role in Wigan's team under either Coyle or Rosler; missed two months with a hamstring injury; when fit again, made a mistake and was convicted for drink/driving.

Injury-hit again, he missed most of the pre-season under Van Gaal; at least he wasn't sold, but loaned, to Leicester, which might suggest that United haven't washed their hands of him.

I can understand the rumours about returning to United, but my guess, and it's only a guess, is that Pearson wanted to start the season with as many o

He needs to do a Murphy and come back here for the rest of the season to reinvent himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lestiverton
    Looks as though he got in 9+ minutes for Leicester in yesterday's home defeat to W Bromwich Albion.
    and looks like he made an impression in those 9 minutes - view external link