+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCall resigns

re: McCall resigns

If you're going to have a pop at a post then why not justify it first time round FFS.

FYI. I didn't say we were 2nd top when McCall took over, nor did I blame him for the condition of the POD, nor am I reacting to our poor start to the season.

Moral of the story --- say what you mean rather then try to point score with a sarcy comment from behind a keyboard.

I would like to thank the honest,hard working,
    sincere Stuart McCall for 3 magnificent league seasons and wish him well in the future.
    His honesty, I believe, led him to do what I feel is the right thing today.
    Added to the multitude of cup errors of judgement, his calamitous tenure since the final whistle on 11th May would be weighing heavily on his conscience.
    Perhaps, David Clarkson setting a new Premiership scoring record yesterday, tipped him over the edge.
    On the other hand, has Neil Warnock appointed a full time assistant yet? ha ha.

I seen Andy Goram peddling the same loyalty myth that im reading on ths thread the other day in the paper.

He never chose to stay when bigger teams came calling , he was invited and subsequently hot footed it down to Sheffield United for an interview (reportedly returning from a holiday abroad) only to find it a complete basket case of a club at the time and so he came back up the road. Theres been no queue up Edward Street of desperate suitors throwing offers at him and id question the loyalty in going for the interview

see link below

It took them months to fill the position.

As has been previously said though , he took us to second in the league and a cup final , its churlish and maybe even idiotic to belittle those achievments especially in comparison to managers who have gone before .

Its undeniable that its been plss poor this season though and there have been no signs of improvement since the costly Euro exit to icelandic part timers. - [url=www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz
    If you're going to have a pop at a post then why not justify it first time round FFS.

FYI. I didn't say we were 2nd top when McCall took over, nor did I blame him for the condition of the POD, nor am I reacting to our poor start to the season.

Moral of the story --- say what you mean rather then try to point score with a sarcy comment from behind a keyboard.
    You compared him to McLeish - which has no basis in reality.

The Main Stand point was sandwiched in with football points.

Moral of the story - don't write complete guff on the Internet without expecting someone to call it idiotic.

He spoke to Sheffield United and chose us over them - good enough for me. Obviously there has to be some kind of special circumstances or no manager/player is every going to turn down a move like that.

so sad that he went i feel the players have let him down, a manager can only do so much the rest is up to the players and they didnt get some of the young one in

In the circumstances he did the right thing. He's a decent honest guy but his time had come. As with Bradford City history will show him to have a bit of a mixed record, but more pluses than minuses. League wise he's done a great job until this season. This season has been shocking. Cup wise a bit of a disaster, with some of our worst defeats on record.

To sum up he'll be remembered as one of our better managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil

You compared him to McLeish - which has no basis in reality.

The Main Stand point was sandwiched in with football points.

Moral of the story - don't write complete guff on the Internet without expecting someone to call it idiotic.[/quote]

Since when were comparisons in football taboo ?
    and the POD point is very valid re: the state of the Club.
    So, if you seriously think those issues are "complete guff", then you need to wake up and smell the coffee

Comparisons are fine, saying McCall is like McLeish when he took over a mid-table team on the slide rather than a side which just finished third (and had plenty of cash to spend) is plain daft.

The POD point is completely valid, just somewhat irrelevant in a list which started and ended with on pitch matters.

So why compare a whole post to "nonesence" and describe it as "idiotic" rather than highlight the element(s) you disagree with and say why FFS ???

The Club's very future is at stake here. Emotions will run high and there will be things said that ordinarily may not surface, and there will be fallouts.

Best if we are accurate in what we say/agree/disagree with and not just let the sarcasm font run loose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)