+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manager ?????????

re: New Manager ?????????

Lennon, Leitch, Adams and Butcher all give me the fear.

Another completely out of the blue call could be Anna Signuel - done a great job developing the Scottish women's team but seems to have hit a peak. We could afford a top coach from the women's game that would be completely out of line with what we could attract from the men's game...some club will do it some, why not us? Think of the media attention, sponsorship opportunities...

If Leech ( yip the spelling is correct ) gets the job ill not be back till he goes. The back room staff as well as the manager are duds. I want a guy who can spot a player. Gannon was a nutter ( remember sitting behind the dugout against Bucharest ) a total banger but an eye for a player. I would like a sane version of him whoever that may be?

Quote Originally Posted by markymfc
    If Leech ( yip the spelling is correct ) gets the job ill not be back till he goes. The back room staff as well as the manager are duds. I want a guy who can spot a player. Gannon was a nutter ( remember sitting behind the dugout against Bucharest ) a total banger but an eye for a player. I would like a sane version of him whoever that may be?
    I really hope "a sane Jim Gannon" is in whatever job description we put out .

None of thes mentioned inspires me or are realistic. Neither Derek Adams nor Scott Leitch did consistently well at Dingwall. I heard the rumour about the return of the Adams family at the Dundee game a week or two back. Just to correct one rumour about Scott Leitch - he did not walk out on the club to go to Aberdeen. He handled the situation well at the time with the Directors.

When the new man comes in he needs to have a clear out of existing football management coaching staff. The management TEAM, not just Stuart McCall should be held accountable. Who took training? Who was in charge of fitness?

Now than Leeann Dempster has gone and the transfer market has changed will the replacement process be the same? Will it be as thorough or result in a left field appointment?

According to Mr Burrows there were 10 applications by last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    According to Mr Burrows there were 10 applications by last night.
    Aye and wan was his ..lol

One of my concerns is that our lowly status and lack of cash means we usually have to pick what attributes we value at the expense of others - it's highly unlikely we'll get a manager who is good at everything.

But the job can be split into two distinct parts. Until May (with presumably only minor alterations possible in January) we're looking for someone who can organize, motivate and get the best out of what we have, limited though it is.

From summer onwards, it's imperative we improve the squad.

If we could get a veteran in to do the short-term job of keeping us in the league, before appointing a younger boss next year, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

The appointment we make now is absolutely crucial, it must be the right one to at least guarantee us survival this season. That means it simply must not and cannot be Leitch or Black, or indeed anyone currently employed at Fir Park being offered the chance to step up. We need experience and at least something of a proven track record, ie Jimmy Calderwood who would be my choice right now. The though of Derek Adams getting it seriously gives me the fear mind you, I've never been impressed with him as a manager and he's a tosser into the bargain.

Sadly knowing Motherwell we will go for the cheapest and easiest option so don't be surprised to see Scott Leitch being confirmed before the week is out with Lasley as his assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman

Sadly knowing Motherwell we will go for the cheapest and easiest option so don't be surprised to see Scott Leitch being confirmed before the week is out with Lasley as his assistant.
    At least that may get Lasley out of the midfield...!

Our recent appointments (indeed, all of them since Malpas I think?) have avoided the easiest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil

But the job can be split into two distinct parts. Until May (with presumably only minor alterations possible in January) we're looking for someone who can organize, motivate and get the best out of what we have, limited though it is.

From summer onwards, it's imperative we improve the squad.

If we could get a veteran in to do the short-term job of keeping us in the league, before appointing a younger boss next year, I wouldn't be too disappointed.
    My thoughts exactly. What we need until May is a proven streetfighter who will get the best out of what we have and have the players organised and competing for 90 + minutes. From May onwards it should be a different job spec.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)