+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Manager ?????????

re: New Manager ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    The appointment we make now is absolutely crucial, it must be the right one to at least guarantee us survival this season. That means it simply must not and cannot be Leitch or Black, or indeed anyone currently employed at Fir Park being offered the chance to step up. We need experience and at least something of a proven track record, ie Jimmy Calderwood who would be my choice right now. The though of Derek Adams getting it seriously gives me the fear mind you, I've never been impressed with him as a manager and he's a tosser into the bargain.

Sadly knowing Motherwell we will go for the cheapest and easiest option so don't be surprised to see Scott Leitch being confirmed before the week is out with Lasley as his assistant.
    Calderwoods the man for me we need someone who a) is cheap b ) has been over the course before in the Scottish game at spl level c ) has a proven track record of organisation and managing teams who can defen

Calderwood hasn't lasted more than months in any job since 2009...it's remarkable for a guy who had previously seemed so solid.

I'm not too keen on him and would prefer an outsider but there are certainly worses in the frame. That said, I'm assuming the importance placed on cup performance by many means he wouldn't be a popular choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Calderwood hasn't lasted more than months in any job since 2009...it's remarkable for a guy who had previously seemed so solid.

I'm not too keen on him and would prefer an outsider but there are certainly worses in the frame. That said, I'm assuming the importance placed on cup performance by many means he wouldn't be a popular choice.
    I think he might cos he managed to get his teams by the first round in most occasions something McCall invariably didnt .. we're now in the realms on 2nd rounds as success thats how bad we've become.Brown and McGhee had become unemployable until we resurrected their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

I think he might cos he managed to get his teams by the first round in most occasions something McCall invariably didnt .. we're now in the realms on 2nd rounds as success thats how bad we've become.Brown and McGhee had become unemployable until we resurrected their careers.[/quote]

We're certainly a good place to bounce back. Though possibly it just reflects the fact that if we want someone with experience, they're almost certainly going to have failed somewhere.

the review of Calderwood's domestic cup form with Aberdeen is at the link, not

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil

I think he might cos he managed to get his teams by the first round in most occasions something McCall invariably didnt .. we're now in the realms on 2nd rounds as success thats how bad we've become.Brown and McGhee had become unemployable until we resurrected their careers.[/quote]

We're certainly a good place to bounce back. Though possibly it just reflects the fact that if we want someone with experience, they're almost certainly going to have failed somewhere.

the review of Calderwood's

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

We're certainly a good place to bounce back. Though possibly it just reflects the fact that if we want someone with experience, they're almost certainly going to have f

I don't normally hold a grudge, But how the feck did Craig Brown even get quoted. He would be a brave man to even consider coming back, as he would have ZERO backing from the fans. As for Alex McLiesh...Please No!!!!, I think I would have Jim Gannon before him (Even if he is insane).

Quote Originally Posted by bheron
    I don't normally hold a grudge, But how the feck did Craig Brown even get quoted. He would be a brave man to even consider coming back, as he would have ZERO backing from the fans. As for Alex McLiesh...Please No!!!!, I think I would have Jim Gannon before him (Even if he is insane).
    They clearly just guessed...

Pressley has a contract with Coventry until 2018, McLeish is doing well in a job, there's no way Hearts-boy Locke is leaving them to join us, and that's only the most obvious of a few questionable suggestions.

Jimmy Calderwood with Stephen Craigan as his assistant to learn the ropes and take over in due course.

I was thinking about Craigan as A number two, but was not sure if he wanted to get into management.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)