+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Manager ?????????

re: New Manager ?????????

Wish him well have no ill feeling towards McCall so best of luck to him.

Lets be honest its going to be someone on the dole so Adams its going to be more than likely cheap and cheerful and just got sacked at bottom of the table Ross County!

For me i would try to get Coyle might work for both of us or cheeky punt and this is pure fantasy Davie Weir with big Duncan Ferguson as his 2nd.

Dont think with current set up at the club its going to be a bit left field like before so good chance it will be Admas,Calderwood someone like that.

I really hope it's not Adams or leitch. I would like to see Owen Coyle get the job but i think money may be a problem. The board have to get this one right this time. There's no room for error.

When people were calling for McCall to do the decent thing and stand down I thought right ok so if Stuart did go who would I want as our manager. I came up with zeros because I genuinely thought we had the man for the Job as our manager.
    We can't go for an inexperienced manager at the moment. We need a craig brown figure to step in and get us to the end of the season. I now this would probably not go down well but if Mark McGhee was up for coming back for the rest of this season I would bite your hand off.

I like Scott Leitch and he's a cracking guy. But, he's already left us twice so I wouldn't want him as manager. We need someone with managerial experience and a decent track record.

Why not someone from an inferior foreign league who's done well and would jump at the chance of a bigger job?

All the merchants of doom will say otherwise, but a few bigs will apply.

Quote Originally Posted by allan73
    When people were calling for McCall to do the decent thing and stand down I thought right ok so if Stuart did go who would I want as our manager. I came up with zeros because I genuinely thought we had the man for the Job as our manager.
    We can't go for an inexperienced manager at the moment. We need a craig brown figure to step in and get us to the end of the season. I now this would probably not go down well but if Mark McGhee was up for coming back for the rest of this season I would bite your hand off.
    I agree with you. When Stuart McCall was getting pelters, I asked this very question on here. No one could give a of a better manager, who would take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bheron
    I agree with you. When Stuart McCall was getting pelters, I asked this very question on here. No one could give a of a better manager, who would take the job.[/quote]

We're in danger of losing overall perspective here, in a cloud of sentimentality. There's no doubt that Stuart McCall left with a lot of dignity and integrity and for that he has to be commended. No arguments from me there.

However many of us thought that it was time to for him to go. If you think we were being unfair or hasty then consider his email. After the Hamilton CIS Cup game his spirit and belief that he could turn the team around was broken. He thought that he co

Daily Express and BBC report that "Former Watford head coach Billy McKinlay, former Celtic and West Brom assistant Mark Venus, former Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo, former Stevenage boss Gary Smith and former Iceland coach Atli Evaldsson have put theirs forward to succeed Stuart McCall at Motherwell."

How many of us would have come up with thoses a few days ago?

Great opportunity for the club to bring in someone with fresh ideas to develop and hopefully move us up the league,but still get a feeling scott leitch getting handed job till season ends ,basically to save money,hope Iam wrong and the club use the opportunity to get someone new in.

Some interestings getting thrown up and some I would definitely not have in the dugout.

Big Tel did well when he was first here, but he's had his time and he took Hibs down last year from a stronger position than what we are in at the moment.

Also not sure about Danny Lennon.

McKinlay certainly seems rated as a coach but his actual managerial experience is limited.

At our level there is no such thing as an appointment without some downside or risk.

Unless we go for Danny Lennon, in which case it is all downside obviously :-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)