+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup match

FA Cup match

To add to our deficiencies, there will be no Brandy or Haynes for Saturday. We haven't been given permission from their clubs to use them. At least we have Granty back and it may give Billy Whizz a chance to get back in the team.

re: FA Cup match

Unfortunate, but to be expected. The way Brandy is playing I feel sure he will be in Rotherham's top squad soon. Both their clubs are being smart, I think.

Plus Steve will have known this when we took each of them; it was made pretty clear on the OS at the time.

Let's be honest, Haynes has only started once so the big miss in terms of recent matches will be Brandy. Assuming Cooper and Inman start, SD has the option of Haber, Walters or maybe even Colclough (?) and that is assuming he wants 3 up front. Plenty of options and it's just as well the Cup wasn't last weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Plus Steve will have known this when we took each of them; it was made pretty clear on the OS at the time.

Let's be honest, Haynes has only started once so the big miss in terms of recent matches will be Brandy. Assuming Cooper and Inman start, SD has the option of Haber, Walters or maybe even Colclough (?) and that is assuming he wants 3 up front. Plenty of options and it's just as well the Cup wasn't last weekend!!
    Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the likes of Cooper, Waters, Jones (perhaps), Saunders (perhaps) and I know it is a long shot, Colclough. They did ever so well at Crawley, so why not give the youngsters a chance against United. You never know, the Alex might just cause an upset!

Brandy will be missed but not concerned about Haynes. We have Haber, Cooper, Inman, and Saunders so plenty of cover there. It would be good to add Colclough to the list but not sure where we are with him.