+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester sold out

Leicester sold out

With a game like Leicester selling out nearly a week in advance, imagine what the demand for Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc is going to be. We could have 40,000 + gates for those games if we had the capacity. Surely some of the profit from the summer transfer window should be invested in stadium expansion?

re: Leicester sold out

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    We could have 40,000 + gates for those games if we had the capacity.
    Currently, there is absolutely no need to expand, nor is there any evidence that suggests it would be a sensible move.

Until they look at reducing matchday & season ticket prices, then I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

Wow, seems like they're queuing up to create the 18th best atmosphere in the Prem!!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Currently, there is absolutely no need to expand, nor is there any evidence that suggests it would be a sensible move.

Until they look at reducing matchday & season ticket prices, then I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future.[/quote]

According to the tour guide a couple of weeks back we have 15,000 season ticket holders, if it gets up to around 20.000 then the club will start to think about expanding. Wise move imo

This news had made a decision for me on Saturday whether i worked or made a last minute decision to come down. Looks like i'm working then

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    According to the tour guide a couple of weeks back we have 15,000 season ticket holders..
    15k sounds like a low estimate to me - weren't we supposed to have nearly 50% more than that a couple of seasons back ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint

Until they look at reducing matchday & season ticket prices, then I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future.[/quote]

According to the tour guide a couple of weeks back we have 15,000 season ticket holders, if it gets up to around 20.000 then the club will start to think about expanding. Wise move imo

This news had made a decision for me on Saturday whether i worked or made a last minute decision to come down. Looks like i'm working then[/quote]

Last summer season ticket sales were hit by the bad publicity the player sales attracted. We also have some of the highest season ticket prices in the world. Mine cost £750 for a not particula

As I understand it each stand can have modest increases added individually. Our attendances are usually at the top end already (30k QPR, 29k Sunderland etc) meaning we only have scope for an additional 1500-2000 for the 'premium' games. Seems a waste to me. The Kingsland seems sold out every game so a modest increase there would seem the obvious choice imo.

Why would the club have to reduce prices OW?

Not sure the Itchen can be increased due to the location of the hospitality suite Proc.

Ah,ok. Thought we could get a 2nd tier on each side but wasn't too sure. Although tbf just an increase on one stand to begin with would allow us to benefit.

If I could choose I would stick a second tier on the Kingsland and put away fans up there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast