+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "If you spend the summer buying rubbish

re: "If you spend the summer buying rubbish

Blackpool are dead and buried, I think we all agree on that.

But what was worrying me was that the teams below us would change managers and start to turn their seasons around. Fulham, Bolton, Huddersfield, Birmingham; suddenly they're all doing it.

Suddenly, we urgently need a Plan B. But where will it come from? I don't believe SE has been in this position before. Let's hope he can cope with pressure of a different kind and find a solution.

I think he will zil.

I don't
    we're toast

Unfortunately,we are seeing the reality of the wage constraints we have in place.SE could only really afford two types of players,either raw,unproven players,or mediocre journeymen.
    The fact most of our players,are cast offs from Ipswich,Leeds,and Blackpool,tells its own story.

It's started

Roller coasters do go up and down.

Remain in your seat and stay calm Zil, I'm sure Kempo can give you something for the nerves

Of coarse I want us to stay in the championship,every Miller does.I'm an expat so don't get to see my team on a regular basis,once/twice a year if poss.
    One thing I have heard from many a Miller is that SE keeps getting his tactics wrong,even he sometimes admits it.But does he do anything about it.
    You cannot turn games round like used to be done in the lower division.For one,you need someone capable,and with quality,which I'm afraid,we lack.Yes SE brought in plenty,but sadly not all had quality.The fact that SE brought so many in pleased most fans,but those that saw the championship for what it is,'a very tough league',they knew the signings would probably not be good enough.
    Personally hard work gets you so far,but if you aint got that quality,this league may prove a step too far,'never mind the PL'.
    My personal point of view is that Mr E is out of his depth in the championship.I'm not a SE hater like some,it doesn't really bother me about his past,god,I've got a more colourfull past

If we lose at the swill on saturday, i can just imagine zilzal at about 6 o clock...a morrisey cd on, couple o bottles of red, and a packet of gilletes...

Green past it? You being serious? He's probably been the best player for us this season. Richardson is a steady full back, and I honestly believe derbyshire will go on a run once he bags his first. Some people are so negative, we went on a 5 game unbeaten run including drawing at norwich, beating blackburn and leeds.

Some people need to think how far we have come over the past 2 years, and get behind the team. I for one would be thrilled in finishing in 21st place!!

I think we need to calm down. We've had a mixed bag of results, and we are in a good position. Remember the last two season? We've kicked on after January when Evans has shaken things up.

I must admit, it makes me sit uncomfortably that SE doesn't seem to get it right in the summer but I have faith in the man. He's honest, he doesn't pull his punches and he's so far provided me with some of my greatest football memories.

For me there's only Derbyshire that looks poor. Richardson may be slow but he's solid, Green is a good player, Broadfoot & Wood can both do a job.

Please just remember that we are Rotherham United, a team that in the last ten years has endured some horrifically bad times, almost ceasing to be in existence twice. We now have a stadium that brought tears to my eyes when I first walked to my seat and saw the pitch, we are playing in the Championship, competitively, A phenomenal chairman, fantastic management structure and a good chance of staying up.

This is infinitel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast