+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "If you spend the summer buying rubbish

re: "If you spend the summer buying rubbish

Green has been steady for us, him and Richardson are steady bottom half championship players no more, no less. That's not a complaint, it fulfils the expectation with wages structure. Apart from flashes from JCH, and excluding Smallwoods first game back, they're all extremely poor value. Derbyshire is the worst striker in a Rotherham shirt since Millmoor, as for the other squad fillers, what's the point of them if they haven't the ability to push the first team for a starting place. It's this I don't understand an SE has done it every summer, I'm just waiting for the usual mass forage into the loan market. I love his desire, I love his passion, he has RUFC in his blood, I love the fact he's recognised his faults and changed the the last 3 years. I just wish he'd re-evaluate his acquisition policy, give Mr Howe a ring at Bournemouth and get some advice, you know it makes sense

We can't compete wages wise with other teams. We have to make the best of what we have at the moment. Evans has got it wrong tactically and that isn't making the best of what we have.

I am not wanting a change of manager and all that tosh. I think we need a rethink before the season starts to slide.

Bloody hell I wouldn't want to be with some of you lot in a battle! You've practically got the white flag out. Before Saturday we'd gone 5 unbeaten. We all know the unusual circumstances of Saturday, (and Boro thrashed Norwich last night) so that leaves a bad game last night. Can't believe people are talking about replacing the manager.

Look at West Ham last season and Newcastle this season. Terrible runs that were turned round by good managers given the chance. We're not even approaching that sort of run yet.

Of course he's made recruitment mistakes, and there'll be more (there were plenty last year as well) but we're still in the best position as a team and club we've been for as long as most can remember.

FFS. Here we go again.

2 losses and its time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Greene and Richardson are both good solid Championship players, not world beaters but as others have said fit the wage structure.

I wouldn't even think about the Middlesboro result anymore. They are going up. They beat Norwich 4-0 last night and have been the best team I have seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman
    Bloody hell I wouldn't want to be with some of you lot in a battle! You've practically got the white flag out. Before Saturday we'd gone 5 unbeaten. We all know the unusual circumstances of Saturday, (and Boro thrashed Norwich last night) so that leaves a bad game last night. Can't believe people are talking about replacing the manager.

Look at West Ham last season and Newcastle this season. Terrible runs that were turned round by good managers given the chance. We're not even approaching that sort of run yet.

Of course he's made recruitment mistakes, and there'll be more (there were plenty last year as well) but we're still in the best position as a team and club we've been for as long as most can remember.
    Spot on. We wouldn't be here for Evans so we need to get behind him. Admittedly some of the signings have been poor and questionable, but we need to walk before we can run - consolidate then push on with younger, hungrier pl

zilzal I bet you have had the post written for weeks but when we were 5 games unbeaten you couldn't post, now after 2 defeats you and your buddies can put the boot into Evans and the players. You are entitled to your opinion but you are being harsh. To me the real issues are

1. persisting with 4-4-2
    2. Strikers, revell works hard and gives his all but isn't championship class, we miss bechio we need a loan replacement like Reading went and got
    3. Don't understand why swift isn't tried as attacking midfielder

Derby, dare I say that teams are now taking their many chances against us, whereas earlier in the season we were getting plenty of let-offs?

I feel we've been well and truly sussed and more and more managers are realizing that we carry little or no goal threat. Accordingly teams wait to pounce on our slow and ageing defence and then after scoring they have two options:

1. Keep the ball thus nullifying us even further. The clock then runs down and they don't have to expend too much further energy.

2. Attempt to please the crowd by pouring on more pressure and banging in more and more goals. They can't do that every week but against us they certainly can...witness last night when the Reading fans weren't satisfied with 3-0, they wanted the score doubling and but for the underside of the crossbar and Collin's first-rate keeping they would have had cream as wqell as a fresh cherry on their win.

Dejavu ronnie moore.
    Thanks for what youve done for us, goodbye.
    A few more hopeless managers then league 2 again.
    Grow up people steve is staying as long as he wants and I love all his signings.

Looking at our squad these are players I'd keep. Collin, Richardson, Arnie, Morgan, Wood, Broadfoot, Skarz, Swift, Newton, Frecks, Smallwood, Pringle, Revell, Bowery & JCH + Bradley if he's fit. Only player out on loan I'd have back is Rowe.

That's 17 players so another 5 in. Goalkeeper, Left back, Right winger, Midfield & Striker.

Green likes game played at his pace, we need more drive in midfield.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123