+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Planty turns down 500M to reform Zepp

O/T Planty turns down 500M to reform Zepp

Quality somebody gives a f00k! - view external link

re: O/T Planty turns down 500M to reform Zepp

I wonder what Jason Bonham's "wage" would be?

Fair play to Sir Robert I suppose, I think he enjoys his post Zepplin stuff as much as when he was in the biggest band in the world.

There was a documentary about The Great One on TV not so long back, he still comes across as quite humble.

Never knew Jimmy Page was 70

Money talks but I'm glad it doesn't shout THAT loud.

Credit to Planty, why dilute a great reputation to fulfill a rich man's fantasy and make a lot of corporate suits wealthy?

Led Zep did what they set out to do, and did it blisteringly well. Their music is there forever but their day as a live unit has passed. They're old men FFS!!! Good judgement call from Percy in my opinion.

Would hate to see them turn into The Stones, a cash cow circus who look and sound awful and are trading on a heyday that came and went forty odd years ago.

Got huge respect for Robert (regardless of the fact he's a Wolves fan!). This has been going on for years and it would appear no amount of money will make him change his mind. He's doing his own thing and loving it.

Regarding the Stones, too harsh Tony. They must enjoy doing what they do as none of them need the money. If they like doing it and the fans are still turning out, I say good on them. Don't know how they sound at present, but as recently as 2008 they sounded terrific. Check out their concert film Shine A Light from that year.

I really think Zep came to a hasty decision to break up after the death of Bonham. If they had decided to soldier on, they would have had their pick of the best drummers in the world and would no doubt have continued to make terrific music. I wonder if they realized at the time that none of them would ever again do anything as important as Zeppelin?

Oh I don't doubt The Stones still enjoy performing live. The fact that they look like animated cadavers and sound like zombies (IMO) certainly doesn't deter the fans from paying silly money to see them. I honestly think a lot of that is down to the kudos of being able to say they've seen a legendary act live on stage (before it's too late).

Stones haven't much choice but to stick together though... none of them individually has what it takes to make a big splash as a solo act (Mick lacks musicianship, the others lack his charisma/presence).

Page and certainly Plant have enough to go it alone or at least move on in other collaborations, why should they try and re-heat past perfection?

Let it go lads, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Oh I don't doubt The Stones still enjoy performing live. The fact that they look like animated cadavers and sound like zombies (IMO) certainly doesn't deter the fans from paying silly money to see them. I honestly think a lot of that is down to the kudos of being able to say they've seen a legendary act live on stage (before it's too late).

Stones haven't much choice but to stick together though... none of them individually has what it takes to make a big splash as a solo act (Mick lacks musicianship, the others lack his charisma/presence).

Page and certainly Plant have enough to go it alone or at least move on in other collaborations, why should they try and re-heat past perfection?

Let it go lads, move on.
    Tony, you are right about Jagger lacking musicianship if he ever decided to go solo.

No way does he possess the talent to write something like...I dunno, The Frog Chorus for instance

Let it go, move on, eh?

Don't want to turn this into a Stones thread, but this just has to be said. Probably the two biggest gigs in the UK (and maybe the world) last year were The Stones at Glastonbury and Hyde Park. I saw the footage of the Glastonbury gig and they were absolutely steaming. Tony you are correct about their individual abilities (or lack of them) but Robert Plant just doesn't need that whole thing.

I'm glad Planty can't be bought.
    I'm also glad he made a rich man look like a fool too.

Bad month for Branson and his crazy hair brain ideas.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)