+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last Match of the Season

Last Match of the Season

May 3 (KO 12.15pm) - Sky Bet League 1
    On a Sunday as well,as an early kick off,not very good for fan`s that live further afield from Crewe.

re: Last Match of the Season

Is that for all the teams in league 1? And where did u get the info from?

Reported on the BBC website.

All Champ matches at 12.15 Sat 2nd, all L2 at 3pm on 2nd, all L1 at 12.15 Sunday 3rd. Talk about interfering with Sunday dinner!! Nice early start for the Bradford faithful.

Also reported that 'vanishing spray' will be used in the Football League and FA Cup from 1st January - at least some good news!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Reported on the BBC website.

All Champ matches at 12.15 Sat 2nd, all L2 at 3pm on 2nd, all L1 at 12.15 Sunday 3rd. Talk about interfering with Sunday dinner!! Nice early start for the Bradford faithful.

Also reported that 'vanishing spray' will be used in the Football League and FA Cup from 1st January - at least some good news!
    Also on OS.

But does it not further confirm that the FA are totally out of touch with the people that pay the money to watch. Yesterday was a prime example when the England match kicked off at 5pm when the rest of the league supporters were travelling home. Do they realise there are divisions below the Premiership or only when they want to ?

It used to be exciting when we ALL kicked off at the same time on the last day not matter what league but MONEY says it all now with TV rights.

And don't get me started on the days when you had a home and then a away match not like now when some months we can go two weeks plus without seeing our team at home or the exact opposite of consecutive home matches. Don't they realise things like this are killing the game.

Good point about the England match, flyer - it's not just away fans who couldn't get back for the match as I certainly missed the first half hour as I suspect a lot did. Maybe the 11 on the pitch realised and it is why they put in a pretty ordinary performance in the first half!! The other point about this is that there is plenty of evidence that it is the so-called lower league fans that support the England team more than those in the PL, but then who gives a stuff about us?

Flyer, you must be my long lost brother! Completely agree about the timing of the England game. It shows utter contempt for those of us who follow lower league football.

I also believe that the FA talk b****cks about attendance levels at Wembley. No way was there nearly a full house yesterday. The corporate seats were half empty for most of the game and the upper tiers weren't much better either. It was much more enjoyable when England toured the regions rather than pandering to the namby, pamby southerners.

We want our England back! This includes playing games in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham, not just in the incredibly expensive south-east of our country.

Even though I made a quick getaway from the end of our row even I could not get home in time for the kick off and the radio 5 coverage these days is pretty pathetic.

Yes it is true the fans in the lower divisions are forgotten.