+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chesterfield

re: Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by AlsagerCrewie
    2 Points:
    What is Shearer`s job title,reserve keeper?,or BG`s warmer upper,might as well have kept Steve Phillips.
    As Haynes as gone back,how about signing Luke Murphy(in the stands yesterday)has`nt played for Leed`s for a while now(out of favour or injured?)
    funny you say that.. Leeds have made Murphy available for loan. Think a championship team will take a punt though [/quote]

Heard that Brighton were a potential suitor to take him on loan, should have no problem finding the right club though.

Has Lauri Dalla Valle managed to find himself a new club yet? Last I heard, he's a free agent. Worth a punt?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealex
    Has Lauri Dalla Valle managed to find himself a new club yet? Last I heard, he's a free agent. Worth a punt?
    Totally agree he would do us short term, was at Vicenza on trial but nothing came of it.

I don't suppose that as an international playboy LDV would come cheap, would he?

No doubt when he played for us before Fulham were making up his wages.

But now we'd need to stump up the lot, "netto".

Maybe we should start some crowdfunding, like the One Direction [?] star tried at Donny. (Though it didn't seem to have come off.)

Short term deal could be a win win situation. He puts himself in the shop window and we hopefully bag a few more goals. It's no different to a loan in that respect for us. By the time he gets snapped up elsewhere, we'll have a fully fit Colclough and Saunders ready.

Chesterfield bossed the first half, although our defence held firm, ably marshalled by the ever improving Ben Garratt. Inman showed some decent touches in that first period and we saw flashes of flare and endeavour from Brandy. The lad who stood out for me was the right back (Bailee). Inman had a better game, although seemed to run out of ideas when he had had tremendous burst on goal in the second 45. I would imagine the MOTM award was awarded to help his own confidence rather than the fact that he was the stand out player. I thought that Brandy had a great second half, showing that he really could be a good signing for us, if we could get him on a longer deal from Rotherham. In fact, the Alex came alive after the break and with better finishing, might have just nicked all three points. However, it was a hard earned point and a solid defensive display. Now that the defensive issues seemed to have been resolved, it is all too evident that we just cannot score goals. Games lik

Glad you are coming round to this way of thinking, Mick.

We are on a wing and a prayer tomorrow night, so Saunders should start, in the hope that, like Rodders so many years ago, he nicks a goal in the first five minutes and gives us a lead to defend.

It would be all hands to the pumps after that, but we might hope that in the ensuing Battle of Bramall Lane Mk 2 there would not be another 'Stitch' incident, and that a foul perpetrator such as Kozluk would be deservedly sent off if there were.

If that were to happen, then 85 minutes' defending practice for our back three might be approached with a degree of confidence.

Oh, and they have a central defender (McCarthy?) suspended, don't they? So what do we have to lose in putting a quick young player on from the start?

C'mon, Steve, show you believe in Roy of the Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Glad you are coming round to this way of thinking, Mick.

We are on a wing and a prayer tomorrow night, so Saunders should start, in the hope that, like Rodders so many years ago, he nicks a goal in the first five minutes and gives us a lead to defend.

It would be all hands to the pumps after that, but we might hope that in the ensuing Battle of Bramall Lane Mk 2 there would not be another 'Stitch' incident, and that a foul perpetrator such as Kozluk would be deservedly sent off if there were.

If that were to happen, then 85 minutes' defending practice for our back three might be approached with a degree of confidence.

Oh, and they have a central defender (McCarthy?) suspended, don't they? So what do we have to lose in putting a quick young player on from the start?

C'mon, Steve, show you believe in Roy of the Rovers.
    Going to get your wish tonight I believe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123