+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fa youth cup

fa youth cup

£3 or £1 concessions great entertainment usually you should come mikesb you might learn something mate ;-)

re: fa youth cup

oh and 730 kick off

1-0 Callum Ainley (20 mins)
    2-0 Joe Kearns (49)
    3-0 Joe Howell (66)
    4-0 Chris Speed (80)

Well done to the boys on an excellent win. Next up are last year's beaten finalists Fulham.

The gulf in class was apparent from the first five minutes tonight, I thought. All the lads in red showed a great first touch, pace on and off the ball and played with their heads up; 4-0 did not flatter the Alex tonight, and it's a few years since I felt able to say that!

I didn't get a team sheet, so perhaps someone could put a fews in for me, please - but the number 4 ran the game; looked a real prospect, and the number 9 was impressive as a target man. The wingers (7 and 11) took their men on all night long, ably supported by the full backs. Can't say much about the CHs and GK as they must have got pretty cold by the end of the match given how little they had to do!

Top entertainment to fill me with great enthusiasm for the next few years.

AA according to the team sheet, the players were
    4 Oliver Finney
    7 Liam O'Neill
    9 Andre Brown
    11 Callum Ainley

Thanks for this, AA. We have yet to hear from MikeSB, perhaps because this stonking result doesn't suit his argument.

I think that home advantage is a bit irrelevant at Academy level, so the fact is simply that we could blow away a spirited young side of Cat3, presumably, who are not to blame for being coached to an entirely different, i.e lower, level. Good on Morris and Lunty!

What this means is that in a year or eigh**** months, some of these young stars could be helping us to retain, hopefully, a fingernail hold on League One status. It can surely never be better than that. But maybe none of the York lads could step up to the first team, even at Conference level. As you say, AA, it gives us great hope.

O.K., the fun will no doubt end against Fulham, but this is because it's the kind of club that will be signing international youngsters for their Academy side, no doubt at wages better than our first team players earn. No disgrace in going down to a moneybags side like that; in f

Anyone know when the Fulham match is and whether it is home or away?

I'd cut MikeSB some slack on this. I may disagree fundamentally with him on some issues, but he strikes me as being a true, honest and dedicated Alex fan.

I am really pleased for the Youth/U18 team. It must be great to be on a winning streak, especially after the success of the U21s last season.
    This all-round, all-age football is a fantastic tribute to the way we do things at the Alex. It's what the Academy is all about - with the final aim of producing 1st team players for whichever division we are in.

Oliver Finney is son of former Vale winger Kevin Finney. The Alex also have his 2 younger sons on their books.

The future is bright.

Amazing what coincidences football can throw up.
    Remember, I have no real physical connection to Crewe - I'm Somerset born and bred - but I learn from my Mum that I went to school, (same year, same CLASS!), as Callum Ainley's Mum, Paula.
    Not only that, her Dad is the brother of my Dad's brother's wife!!
    Ok, brother of my auntie if you like!

Now if I lived in Crewe, more chance of such an occurrence but hailing from Somerset ...??

So I shall be following young Callum's progress with extra special interest!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast