+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions??

re: Questions??

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    No academy... no Crewe Alexandra. Simples! That is the only way we exist. Attendances don't cover the costs of keeping us afloat. It is all about selling players on. Sad fact of life, I am afraid.

As for Toots. Whether we rate him or we don't, why has it taken him so long to come back from this illness? Are we not being told something?
    Who has mentioned ditching the academy or even downgrading it on this thread? The main questions seem to revolve around the almost pathetic way SD is going about his job. I wonder if the board are coming to the same conclusion?

Chopping and changing the team the whole time. Signing players who are no good or are cup tied and we just started to get a settled defence with Tate controlling things and helping the midfield etc etc. Most fans have supported Steve but if we are still bottom at Christmas, I think maybe its time for a change.

The point

'How on earth did we survive for over 100 years before?'
    Simple answer: by being in a division lower than we are now, apart from two very short trips up to league 3 which lasted a year each. And for many of those years we would have gone out of the league because we finished bottom, if automatic relegation had been in place! Since the Academy has been in place our position in the league structure has been far higher for almost the whole time. You know that MikeSB, so why are you so negative? Crewe run in the way other clubs are, would be out of the League in a few years, simply because income from gates is so low and there is nobody willing to invest/waste their own money.

Mick, you're a slightly the master of you're own destiny as to what has happened here.

All the poster who you have replied to is interested in is his own opinion !

For months now has hijacked every subject with the same old rants about the academy.

So much so that only recently, you closed a topic as he had descended it in to anarchy.

My advise is don't engage with him that way there is no point for argument.

Pre Dario we had 2 promotions followed by 2 immediate relegations, in the previous 106 years.

Need I say more !

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    No academy... no Crewe Alexandra. Simples! That is the only way we exist. Attendances don't cover the costs of keeping us afloat. It is all about selling players on. Sad fact of life, I am afraid.

As for Toots. Whether we rate him or we don't, why has it taken him so long to come back from this illness? Are we not being told something?
    Who has mentioned ditching the academy or even downgrading it on this thread? The main questions seem to revolve around the almost pathetic way SD is going about his job. I wonder if the board are coming to the same conclusion?

Chopping and changing the team the whole time. Signing players who are no good or are cup tied and we just started to get a settled defence with Tate controlling things and helping the midfield etc etc. Most fans have supported Steve but if we are still bottom at Christmas, I t

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    People may scoff at itwasin ...

Please try and at least retain your credibility, Mike.

Your argument is one thing, (and I think we've got the gist of that now ), but when you start to defend someone who none of us are even sure is a Crewe supporter, one who certainly never has a positive thing to say about the club, even when we win (and he had plenty of opportunity recently), then that credibility goes altogether!!

It must have been a typo!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    People may scoff at itwasin ...
    Please try and at least retain your credibility, Mike.

[/quote]

I lost that on my second post mate! My first one never mentioned the academy!

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Mick, you're a slightly the master of you're own destiny as to what has happened here.

All the poster who you have replied to is interested in is his own opinion !

For months now has hijacked every subject with the same old rants about the academy.

So much so that only recently, you closed a topic as he had descended it in to anarchy.

My advise is don't engage with him that way there is no point for argument.

Pre Dario we had 2 promotions followed by 2 immediate relegations, in the previous 106 years.

Need I say more !
    I just try to be fair with all posters on here, Supercrewe. The thread that was "locked" by the senior moderator (at my request), took place for no other reason than the fact that several posters were indulging in obscene language and were also being disrespectful and abusive towards one another. Providing posters stay civil towards each other, then there is nothing wrong with them airing their opinions, ev

Quote Originally Posted by weymouthalex
    'How on earth did we survive for over 100 years before?'
    Simple answer: by being in a division lower than we are now, apart from two very short trips up to league 3 which lasted a year each. And for many of those years we would have gone out of the league because we finished bottom, if automatic relegation had been in place! Since the Academy has been in place our position in the league structure has been far higher for almost the whole time. You know that MikeSB, so why are you so negative? Crewe run in the way other clubs are, would be out of the League in a few years, simply because income from gates is so low and there is nobody willing to invest/waste their own money.
    I'm not trying to be negative but offering a solution. Most of our success was before someone like the FA and PL decided we needed an academy status at all and like all big organisations they start to put layers of bureaucracy and miss the whole point of the

OK here's a challenge for you all?

How many academy kids have ever come to us that live outside of the local area and why would that change now? Derek thinks we would get a cascading of kids that could not get into the Cat1 academies but has never explained how the parents would be able to bring them day to day after work and take them home again 2 hours later? The only way would be for the parents to move to the area and why would they to give up their own careers and if they thought their kid was really really good, then surely a PL would be more interested with a cash offer to boot!

Sorry folks but it really doesn't make ANY difference what academy status we are and never has. All we have now is layer upon layer upon layer of non first team staff and although you may say the PL are funding a lot of it. We still have to find a big chunk eg 500,000 pounds and I for one would want to know why it costs so much even without the PL input? That is a lot of money for staffing costs is

One BIG question still remains?

Where is Mr Bowler or any other Director going to come and tell the fans what is going on and what they intend to do about it? ie just like any other company would be forced to had it been a plc?

Silence is golden from Gresty Road and even the majority shareholder may as well be in the Cayman Islands!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast