+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack Race?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    the dressing room mentality of "show us your medals".
    Hemmin, the Tennents Sixes, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    To be fair to Hearts, it was a bold appointment. Far away from the normal merrygoround names of typical Scottish football and a guy who had built up an excellent reputation, albeit as an assistant.

He does seem completely and utterly lost though. Not sure if this is because Levein continually meddles, or if it is the dressing room mentality of "show us your medals".
    I believe Levein wanted him because he would be able to control him.

Paul Hartley be-jottered, I hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39621636

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Paul Hartley be-jottered, I hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39621636
    That's a panic measure and a half that. They're thinking one or two wins will see us right, let's go for the bounce.

I think Hartley's a decent manager, will they go after the St Mirren boy?
    Doubt he'd leave the now.

I think we should go after the St.Mirren manager.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    That's a panic measure and a half that. They're thinking one or two wins will see us right, let's go for the bounce.

I think Hartley's a decent manager, will they go after the St Mirren boy?
    Doubt he'd leave the now.
    Jack Ross took over from Hartley at Alloa. Like at St.Mirren he started slowly before getting the best out of his team. I am not sure Dundee can afford a new manager to start like that....mind you R.Foran at Inverness is woeful... They are in real trouble.

Surely they'll go for a caretaker manager? Can't see anybody being offered or taking on that gig at this juncture, which can only mean - "Sounds the bugles!"

Dundee V Dundee Utd in a play off would be good viewing; two full houses plus live TV

I liked Jack Ross at Alloa and surprised it's been such a slow start with St. Mirren. He's always had a decent budget in relative terms with both clubs.

I'm disappointed by what's happened to Hartley. His teams were never as negative or physical as most SPL sides. Tried to play fitba and up until recently did surprisingly well in terms of results given Dundee's lack of resources. It blew up in his face eventually after losing his two best players. His demise reinforces the idea that that there's only one way for a bottom 6 SPL club to survive, which is why so much of our football is eye-bleedingly grim to watch.

Hartley recently looked like he had lost interest. His team were made to look like a Sunday league team against us recently. Jack Ross will be a bookies front runner and I am sure would take the job if the chance arises.
    Who else? I think Paul Sheerin could do a job for them if he fancies getting back into the hotseat.

Page 27 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast