+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 84 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack Race?

Stevie Woods might be going with him. He’ll be difficult to replace

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Maybe McInnes will wipe his @rse now & relax a wee bit
    Along with every other manager in Scotland then.
    Like him or not, he got Celtic winning when it mattered.
    He has 7 out of 7, on course for 8 out of 8 and probably favourites for 9 out of 9.

The SFA will be rubbing their hands with glee as it will be seen as a positive step for SevCo

Not every manager was as well placed as McInnes to do something about it. Doesn’t matter now that he’s away but it’s one less excuse for him

Not every manager was as well placed as McInnes to do something about it. Doesn’t matter now that he’s away but it’s one less excuse for him
    Can only speak for myself , but as someone who's happy with McInnes , I've never really thought that their dominance over us was down to Rodgers being a better manager or tactician than McInnes

It's the vastly larger resources available to Rodgers that's far and away the main reason. And Rodgers is a competent enough manager to capitalise on that massive advantage.

It'd be interesting to see how Rodgers and McInnes got on against each other if the roles had been reversed

Not every manager was as well placed as McInnes to do something about it.
    ^^^this^^^ 100% spot on pal

He delivered the challenge both in the league and the cups more than any other managers

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Can only speak for myself , but as someone who's happy with McInnes , I've never really thought that their dominance over us was down to Rodgers being a better manager or tactician than McInnes

It's the vastly larger resources available to Rodgers that's far and away the main reason. And Rodgers is a competent enough manager to capitalise on that massive advantage.

It'd be interesting to see how Rodgers and McInnes got on against each other if the roles had been reversed
    Absolutely redstarfk.
    There is no doubt that Rodgers was significantly more competent that Deila and delivered domestically when it was required.

I find it funny that Celtic fans think they are one of the biggest clubs in the world yet they are losing their manager to a team like Leicester. F@cking Leicester bhoys. Nae a big team. Leicester. GIRUY. More diddy than you think

He was able to deliver domestically largely because of the huge amounts of cash they raked in from qualifying for the Champions League group stages in his first two seasons.....something they'd failed to do with Deila in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He delivered the challenge both in the league and the cups more than any other managers
    What did he win for as you say "delivering the challenge" ? (just wondering)
    Surely delivering a challenge should be the basic requirement for any manager no matter what club he is manger of.
    To help and guide his team to deliver a challenge to the best of his ability.
    I'm not disputing the fact that he has met the above mentioned basic requirement, unfortunately his best ability has won us the next best thing to the square root of fk all.

Page 84 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast