+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 173 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack Race?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Story I heard was the board en masse wanted Adams but Broon talked them in the direction of McInnes.
    Not sure about that, I seem to recall Brown was forced to move upstairs so I doubt he would give a feck who was replacing him.

George Yule was starting to take on the daily running of the club from Milne back then,he was really all for Adams so we asked for permission to talk to him,Stewart Milne then decided to do the interviews himself and McInnes impressed him the most.

I don’t think we even interviewed Adams and I’m pretty sure if Milne wanted Adams he would have been willing to pay the compensation for him.

I heard that Brown pretty much picked McWinless too. If it was Milne, why does nobody trust him to pick a replacement given his last choice was such a roaring success?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I heard that Brown pretty much picked McWinless too. If it was Milne, why does nobody trust him to pick a replacement given his last choice was such a roaring success?
    Because the previous 5 managers he picked were abysmal.

You’re only as good as your last result. Milnes on fire

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Milne didn’t want Derek Adams it was George Yule that wanted him.

Milne vetoed it when Ross County wanted a fee for him.
    I thought the story was that Adams was unofficially approached and wasn't interested.

Paying a fee for a manager has never stopped Milne before (Paterson, Calderwood, McGhee, Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You’re only as good as your last result. Milnes on fire
    Not sure if replacing McInnes has even crossed Milnes mind,they way he is talking here he built the wooden shack he is standing in for Derek and Tony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmNnsQaV0Qk

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if replacing McInnes has even crossed Milnes mind,they way he is talking here he built the wooden shack he is standing in for Derek and Tony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmNnsQaV0Qk
    It obviously hasn’t crossed our esteemed chairman’s mind. Milne shouldn’t be allowed near a tv camera as he is humiliating as our club chairman. The quicker the man leaves the club the quicker our ambition levels shoot up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Co-managers sounds unlikely. Is it some old duffer and a young guy?
    No, both similar ages, could not really place a proper bet(again!)and tbh it is getting more difficult, anyway, if it does bounce I won’t need to worry about penfolds/warwicks or my normal ball....Pro V 90 compression if they stray off line!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    No, both similar ages, could not really place a proper bet(again!)and tbh it is getting more difficult, anyway, if it does bounce I won’t need to worry about penfolds/warwicks or my normal ball....Pro V 90 compression if they stray off line!

SF
    Any more clues yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Any more clues yet?
    Strachan and McGhee

Page 93 of 173 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast