+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 117 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1721

Thread: Sack Race?

I think he probably could expect folk on £30k a week to do a job for him no matter where they were on the pitch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a large part of the problem there was players thinking they were Bertie Big *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    In what way?

St.Mirren fans loved him. He strolled the league with a +27 goal difference & won manager of the year. I'm pretty sure they weren't bored as f*ck.

Dumbarton fans loved him. He made them the highest placed part time club in British football

He put up a better fight at Parkhead with Alloa than we normally do.
    I think you need to look again at what I was quoting you on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think he probably could expect folk on £30k a week to do a job for him no matter where they were on the pitch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a large part of the problem there was players thinking they were Bertie Big *******s.
    Well if he can’t get players on £30k a week to do a job for him he’s got no hope with the players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Like McInnes he is a clone of Craig Brown.
    Browns job was to steady the ship from the "remember where we used to be" day which I think he was effective in but change happened when it was the right time.

Mcinnes was supposed to take us forward, was giving an easier time to imprint his way of thinking and build a team without the pressure of the bigger teams except Tim's so when the league is at "full strength" we would be well placed to provide a good competition, McInnes has obviously hibs it.

Is prime opportunity was when we were flying when the Danish boy was at the time but hibs that as well

Well if he can’t get players on £30k a week to do a job for him he’s got no hope with the players we have.
    I would say the opposite is true

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Browns job was to steady the ship from the "remember where we used to be" day which I think he was effective in but change happened when it was the right time.

Mcinnes was supposed to take us forward, was giving an easier time to imprint his way of thinking and build a team without the pressure of the bigger teams except Tim's so when the league is at "full strength" we would be well placed to provide a good competition, McInnes has obviously hibs it.

Is prime opportunity was when we were flying when the Danish boy was at the time but hibs that as well
    I think you are misunderstanding what I meant.

When Craig Brown was Scotland manager he qualified for 2 tournaments by being ultra cautious and letting game management kick in when they got themselves in front.

20 years down the line the SFA coaches at Largs are still telling coaches that is the way football should be played because it worked for Craig Brown a long time ago.

That’s why McInnes and Ross are clones of Craig Brown and the reason it’s a waste of time appointing another Scottish manager if people are wanting to be entertained.

I think you are misunderstanding what I meant.

When Craig Brown was Scotland manager he qualified for 2 tournaments by being ultra cautious and letting game management kick in when they got themselves in front.

20 years down the line the SFA coaches at Largs are still telling coaches that is the way football should be played because it worked for Craig Brown a long time ago.

That’s why McInnes and Ross are clones of Craig Brown and the reason it’s a waste of time appointing another Scottish manager if people are wanting to be entertained.
    I agree. Croatia constantly punch well above their weight and must have a much better manager who likes goals in his team than our very own Anchor Man. Largs will be a place they wouldn’t have heard of unless Andy Roxburgh has tanked their lugs with how the beautiful game shouldn’t be played. If they have also had the pleasure of being in Craig Brown’s company then they will definitely tell us to f’uck off.....but we should ask the question anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

Ironically Craig Brown signed the best two attacking players we've had in probably the last 20 years, in Hayes and McGinn - they would go on to be arguably the two most influential players in the first 3 years of McInnes' reign when we were playing well and on the rise. So Craig Brown did the job he was brought in to do - steady a sinking ship - and in addition to that gave McInnes a huge headstart by bringing in 2 attacking players better than any McInnes has subsequently managed to sign.

Craig Hignett gone at Hartlepool.

Craig Levein gets his jotters.

Page 117 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast