+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack Race?

Pullis on a shoogly peg at West Brom. Wonder which ex-Hawthorns player who is currently a fairly successful manager they might go for if he got punted....

Magoo takes over at Barnet....in second bottom of League 2

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Brilliant. The great McGoo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Brilliant. The great McGoo
    Couple of guys in our Club are Barnet fans...they'll be mortified. I'll have to tell them not to spit on him.

It’s amazing how he keeps finding work

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s amazing how he keeps finding work
    I know, the football managerial merry go round simply baffles me.

How people like McGoo with a consistent long term track record of failure (or abject failure when with us) pick up jobs like this is beyond belief.

Ok, he was Scotland Assistant so they may have been impressed with that - but again he FAILED to help us qualify - or even get to the playoffs.

What the hell does he say at interview, and just what are these clubs looking for / seeing in people like him?

Truly bizarre and utterly baffling

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    he'll get them relegated.

OneBrianIrvine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I know, the football managerial merry go round simply baffles me.

How people like McGoo with a consistent long term track record of failure (or abject failure when with us) pick up jobs like this is beyond belief.

Ok, he was Scotland Assistant so they may have been impressed with that - but again he FAILED to help us qualify - or even get to the playoffs.

What the hell does he say at interview, and just what are these clubs looking for / seeing in people like him?

Truly bizarre and utterly baffling
    Same. Is there really such a scarcity of options?
    Not to reignite the Calderwood debate, like him or loathe him, but it's why it baffled me how little he did after us when everybody & his dog seems to repeatedly walk into job after job no matter their record.

I was told by a wiser dons fan, that the problem with Calderwood was money. He would spend every last penny of his budget & constantly ask for more. That’s not really much use to most clubs.

He clearly had other faults too. Poor preparation, opinion of himself higher than his ability, mental formations, too cosy with players, itchy baws etc

That said, I’d back him to beat McGhee every day of the week. It doesn’t seem right he can’t get a job, while that @rsehole can

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I was told by a wiser dons fan, that the problem with Calderwood was money. He would spend every last penny of his budget & constantly ask for more. That’s not really much use to most clubs.

He clearly had other faults too. Poor preparation, opinion of himself higher than his ability, mental formations, too cosy with players, itchy baws etc

That said, I’d back him to beat McGhee every day of the week. It doesn’t seem right he can’t get a job, while that @rsehole can
    I heard from a former Dons Player that they used to do plenty of preparation before every match with only one exception and that was when they were due to play the Orcs.

Funnily enough though, we had a not too shabby record against them at home so maybe his prep wasn't that great....

Page 48 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast