+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QUEENS versus BRORA RANGERS

re: QUEENS versus BRORA RANGERS

Oh my goodness Queens fans go into hyperbole mode over a Highland League side in the Scottish Cup.Some weeks they have Queens challenging for the SPL now they would have Queens shivering wrecks anticipating a Non-League side.

Bluff and Bluster methinks, Queens to win at 1st attempt by at least 2.

Seemingly the last time Brora played in Dumfries and Galloway was a 1 - 1 draw against Newton Stewart !

TF, I agree if it was any other highland league team then I would expect it to be a simple win, however with the likes of Ross Tokely, grant Munro, two strikers that have already scored 59 goals between them, and a side that gubbed stenhousemuir 3-1 in the pontefract cup, and on top of this have only lost one game all season, and that being a 3-2 loss to east fife, it is fair to say they aren't a typical highland league team so if the team don't treat them with a bit of respect then there is a possibility of the unthinkable happening, although I pray you are right.

Off hand , I can remember us being beaten by two Highland league teams in my time . These being Ross Co and Huntly in the early nineties . Don't think there have been any others . I recall these games being called off numerous times because of bad weather . When finally played, the Ross Co game ended up 2-2 at Dingwall and it still hurts to go any further so I won't.

Queens lost to Montrose in 1947, who at that time were a Highland League club.

Quote Originally Posted by daftpunk1951
    Queens lost to Montrose in 1947, who at that time were a Highland League club.
    Good one mate . Maybe Palmyman can give us a list of all the HL teams QoS have faced in the SC ? I can remember us playing and beating Cove Rangers at Palmerston circa 89. So, four so far and those being Montrose ( as then) , Huntly , Ross County ( as then ) and Cove Rangers .

I'm expecting a tricky wee tie on Saturday . They'll be well organised & hard to break down I'd imagine

Either that or we'll destroy them

Hammer - we have played at least 6 games against Inverness Citadel / Caley in the Scottish Cup and also Elgin City on one occasion.

Stuart Kettlewell ex Ross Co plays for this team along with the others mentioned . Let's hope Queens fans don't expect a walkover . They will be well organised, motivated and score plenty if given the chance.

It'll defo not be a walkover JR & can't see there be much of a crowd there either .

Charging full prices for non league opposition is rather steep if you ask me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)