+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crew v Fulham FA Cup

re: Crew v Fulham FA Cup

Hope Mike is being entertained by the Acadamy lads.

Entertaining game for me

2-1 victory and the academy lads are through to the fourth round. Great achievement against perennial "achievers" in this competition. The Alex lads have done the club proud tonight and so too have those supporters who turned out on such a cold winter night. Well done to everyone.

549 there tonight. Echo what AlexMick said -well done to everybody.

Great performance from the young lads - fought hard, prepared to get stuck in and, in truth, should have been further ahead before a late Fulham goal made the last minute and injury time a bit nervy. Even so, Brown had a glorious chance to make it 3-1 at the death, which would have been a fair reflection of the balance of play.

Draw for the 4th round being made at lunchtime tomorrow (Friday).

It certainly was cracking entertainment for three quid last night - hope we get another home draw tomorrow! I thought the Alex looked a tad nervous in the first 10 minutes then, once they settled down and realised that Fulham were no better than them, grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and deservedly won - as has been said, at least 2 or 3 goals better than the opposition.

The quick passing (of both sides to be fair) was a joy to watch, even though it sometimes came to nothing. I thought we were better in 2 key areas; our strikers were more of a threat, Cooper was classy and Brown worked his socks off, really giving their big CH a hard time; and at central defence, where our Number 6 in particular was immense, choosing the right time to belt it clear and the right time to bring it out - a really classy performance - shame about the last minute breakdown in communications!

The other thing that was rather heartwarming was that when Fulham tried Route 1 tactics to save the gam

Can only echo everyone's thoughts on here.
    Great game and great to watch and great value.
    It could have been 4 or 5 goals for the lads.
    Hopefully a home draw next round

Seeing Kenny urging them on reminded me of watching him when he played in this competition.
    How time flies !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12