+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Referee for Saturday

Referee for Saturday

Craig Thomson will be in charge for the cup tie.

re: Referee for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jwok
    Craig Thomson will be in charge for the cup tie.

If he gives us 5 penalties we might get a replay...

We don't get penalties

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    We don't get penalties
    He might take pity on us and waive the rule we actually need to be in the oppositions box.. otherwise we are fpucked.

Heads up - it's the Cup! Reckon they'll bring a large away support ... might even rival our home numbers.
    Looking forward to a decent game, although the outcome my not be what's wanted.

I would expect them to bring over 2000 but no idea what we will have its a saturday 3pm.its the cup,its competitive prices,so would expect a decent home crowd but when you here steviex who is obviously a big fan saying he wont be near it until product on pitch improves then you never know. Everybody makes their own choices as its a free world but i really think its time for the fans to get behind the team as the crowds have been shocking recently and that is helping nobody. We are all suffering players,coaches,staff,fans but i would like a big support to turn up on saturday as could make the difference from going out to going through or at least getting a replay.

I would expect them to bring over 2000 but no idea what we will have its a saturday 3pm.its the cup,its competitive prices,so would expect a decent home crowd but when you here steviex who is obviously a big fan saying he wont be near it until product on pitch improves then you never know. Everybody makes their own choices as its a free world but i really think its time for the fans to get behind the team as the crowds have been shocking recently and that is helping nobody. We are all suffering players,coaches,staff,fans but i would like a big support to turn up on saturday as could make the difference from going out to going through or at least getting a replay.
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a decent home crowd. Why would they bother when we are so blooody awful.

Personally as i have said i support Motherwell always have and always will and no matter how bad they are playing i will always turn up at Fir Park as IMO that is what being a football fan is about.If everybody didnt turn up when their teams were in bad spells then IMO they are not a true fan yes they are fans of the club but if you only turn up if playing well then teams like East Stirling etc would have no fans. You will always get more fans when playing well but to me the lifeblood of a team is the ones who turn up when you are not and i must admit i take my hat off to the fans who go every week as i myself have stopped going to away games this year but still go every week when at home and always will if affordable and available.

Personally as i have said i support Motherwell always have and always will and no matter how bad they are playing i will always turn up at Fir Park as IMO that is what being a football fan is about.If everybody didnt turn up when their teams were in bad spells then IMO they are not a true fan yes they are fans of the club but if you only turn up if playing well then teams like East Stirling etc would have no fans. You will always get more fans when playing well but to me the lifeblood of a team is the ones who turn up when you are not and i must admit i take my hat off to the fans who go every week as i myself have stopped going to away games this year but still go every week when at home and always will if affordable and available.
    Yeah all well and good but you've got to accept that most fans are not like you and other diehards. They are selective and for that reason hopes that this Motherwell team will trigger any response fro

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    He might take pity on us and waive the rule we actually need to be in the oppositions box.
    No more than we're due. In the past 12 months or so we've conceded 2 or 3 "penalties" that were outside the box.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)